Use real name on social accounts

Ana

@Ana Start with any name , until & unless you are not spamming they will not ask anything.
Yes I will never spam. I am always trying to do things properly so that I do not get my accounts in trouble.

Domingotarlejr

I usually use my real name in creating my social media account like in facebook and Twitter. It will make it easier for my relatives and my friends to reach me in my account. That is why it is called social media account for you to reach other people. But it still depend on you if you will use or not your real name.. we have different reasons and thoughts about this but make sure you will use your account in a good way and not to fool others whether you use your real name or not.

JoeMilford

As has been noted here, some sites require your real name and others do not. If you ARE your own brandname, then yes of course you should. However, I think is it beneficial to remain anonymous as possible on the internet whenever you can.

PedroP

Personally, i don't. I don't even use my real picture. I use Facebook mostly to promote my site but I don't really like it. I find it very invasive and it tries to force you to add people. Unfortunately, there is a positive and negative side to social media and FB gathers all the negatives in my opinion.

augusta

I think using a name or not on social media depends on the site and one's opinion. but for Facebook I think it's good one uses the real name because you will interacting your family and friends and not necessarily total stranger.others can make do with one's nickname or alias.

shilpa

If you're using social accounts for fun or for connecting with your people, then it's okay to not to have any real names or even full names on these. But if you're trying to sell yourself as a product, or as a brand then it is important that you provide your real names. People feel more closeness when they know the real person. When selling or promoting products or services or even yourselves when using social media, it is very important that people know the real you. This way they are more likely to connect to your cause. Who will feel closeness to a remote personality if they try to go anonymous about everything? People always look to search for more information for their interests, and that applies even to the persons or brands they know of.

fishmonk

It depends actually. I use my real name for personal account. As for my writer's account, I use my pen name which is a shorter version of my full name. It's better to not put your real name if possible. You can opt to put nicknames or even pet names instead.

Ana

I think using a name or not on social media depends on the site and one's opinion. but for Facebook I think it's good one uses the real name because you will interacting your family and friends and not necessarily total stranger.others can make do with one's nickname or alias.
What if I just want to use if for my blogs and my online marketing? I was thinking of keeping it only a professional level and not personal.

If you're using social accounts for fun or for connecting with your people, then it's okay to not to have any real names or even full names on these. But if you're trying to sell yourself as a product, or as a brand then it is important that you provide your real names. People feel more closeness when they know the real person. When selling or promoting products or services or even yourselves when using social media, it is very important that people know the real you. This way they are more likely to connect to your cause. Who will feel closeness to a remote personality if they try to go anonymous about everything? People always look to search for more information for their interests, and that applies even to the persons or brands they know of.
Is it then better to promote everything through your real name and not a business or blog name? This will make it easier for people to want to follow me?

It depends actually. I use my real name for personal account. As for my writer's account, I use my pen name which is a shorter version of my full name. It's better to not put your real name if possible. You can opt to put nicknames or even pet names instead.
I should then create a pen name maybe and use that? This might help with privacy too.

shilpa

Is it then better to promote everything through your real name and not a business or blog name? This will make it easier for people to want to follow me?
Yes, if you're comfortable with it use your real name. But if you think you want to promote yourself using a pseudonym as is the case in writing profession, or as a brand name, then you could opt for that also. In both cases, however, it's advisable to use something legit and genuine kind of name and not something rather illusory. You'd like to stick to the who, what, and where of the name. You could also check with the names before using them. Always prefer and choose names that sound legit and so people could relate to them. They will feel closeness to names that they could relate to. For example consider the brand name, KFC (which is short for Kentucky Fried Chicken). See how it works. It's simple yet effective.

Racqualc

I feel it's important to use your real name on social media especially if for business/marketing purposes. Once you decide to become a brand it's important due to as a business looking to invest in someone's brand I wouldn't personally want to try and decipher which page is really a representation of you. When I'm looking to use a brand for their service I always search their name other than what's provided on the business card. You would be amazed at what you find. Representation is key to successful brand building.