Should we use online logo makers for making professional logo's or not?

I was just thinking there are a lot of online logo making tools available. Many people use them to make logos for themselves. But is it safe to use these tools? I mean that these are available for free and if we make logos with these tools, people can easily copy our logo. Hence disturbing our brand name? Please provide your kind suggestion on this topic.

bijutoha

It depends on your choice. But Annecarton, I appreciate her about what she said. Final suggestion is, You should hire someone to make unique and creative logo.

Dicumoseeng

If you have the necessary skills, by all mean, create your own logo online. I wouldn't worry about other people using my logo, because after all, my logo is my signature I don't see how they can use it without free publicity for me!

Daniel Evans

As you've highlighted, anyone can use the same image, so in essence if you use an online logo maker, you don't really own a brand.

If you hire a qualified logo designer you can attain a unique, professional brand which can also be trademarked, future proofing an protecting your company image.

As the saying goes; if you're going to do a job, it's best to do it properly.

ulterios

I have used some of the online logo makers in the past but they limited in their functions and capabilities. Plus with most you are just getting a semi-custom type logo (usually same image but different name) and I prefer to have a logo that's unique.

They are good for creating a quick logo in a pinch though. You can't expect world class logos from a free website.

Dean

I mean that these are available for free and if we make logos with these tools, people can easily copy our logo. Hence disturbing our brand name?
Most of the online logo makers that I have seen, tried and tested just use the same image that you build the logo around so you would be safe as far as someone else not using your logo if you added text or your business name. The thing is that the images that they use are used by countless other people so you wouldn't have anything unique.

I would prefer to have something that was just mine. Though if you have the logo online anywhere then people can steal the image and change the text, so these days no image online is completely safe.

Cheers, Dean

Ilyas

Designing your custom logo will help your brand to be unique, it represents yourself. But finding/creating a good logo is hard, it represents you and your brand in many ways.

ProfMike

It is funny I just answered a similar question on Logos on a different forum. The question there pertained to cost. This was my response and I believe that after reading through the responses here it covers many of the concerns that I see on this thread.

Cost all depends on many factors.

1. How complex is the Logo?
2. Do you have a basic design that you are looking to complete or are you starting from scratch?
3. What types of formats do you need the Logo in, web, print, newsletter, email, app. All of these can tend to be different based on size and medium and can add to the cost.
4. How many colors? Adds to the cost for print and newsletter production.
5. How many different file formats will you require?
6. How many sizes will be needed and will the Logo scale able?

7. Very Important - do you plan to have exclusive rights to the design. Believe it or not there are organizations that design and sell logo designs that DO NOT surrender rights to their designs. You use the logo and they own the rights to the logo. Sounds harmless doesn't it. WRONG. In the event that your new business takes off how would you like to have to license your own design for use in advertising. That has actually happened to some larger organizations. Don't fall for the trap make certain that when the logo is complete you have exclusive rights to the logo and you own the design. Get it in writing.

These are a few of the questions a good graphics designer will ask you when you contract for a Logo. Make sure everything is spelled out in writing prior to committing to a contract.

Remember, if it is not in the contract, it does not exist. You will hear the term "out of scope" quite a bit when dealing with these types of contracts or commitments. Whenever you hear that term that means that they want to add additional costs to the original agreement. Try to keep everything in scope you do that by making certain that everything is documented up front.

Cost will be based on the quality of the organization and many of the factors listed above.

A logo is your brand, it becomes the doorway to your business. Take the design seriously and make certain that it portrays what you are looking to project as a business. It is normally your first impression to your customers.

I hope this helps. I actually have a pretty extensive checklist when I do this for my customers, on both logos and copyrighted graphics. I have built that list over many years of dealing contractors. This is a part of that list.

Argus

I have been looking at many of these types of websites and most of them do not give a quality looking logo design. Some will work ok until you can get something better but if you want a professional looking logo then these are not a good choice probably.

KeralMTG

I have been trying some of these logo makers and the ones that I have tried so far do not produce a top professional quality logo. Some are ok and will be fine many times but for the best quality I am not sure these will be the best option.

Traveler

I use the free online logo makers some time and they work ok. I think that it does not matter if you use a professional made logo or a free one because people can copy them from your site any time they want.

Raeann Bell

You can use this tool to make logo. But there are some problem using this toll. I consider for a webdesign company or a logo making company to make logo.

Kania

I have used some of the free online logo maker websites and they produced some good results. They are not really custom so you might find other people with a similar logo. If you want a unique logo then you can hire someone like maybe a freelance designer to make you one. That way your logo will be unique.

fern2x2001

If you have the skills to create your own logo, then you could do it by yourself. But if you don't, then you should think about hiring someone to do it for you. If your concern is somebody else might steal your logo, then i would suggest that make the logo as unique as possible, with your name or brand name written all over it. So copying your logo would be very hard without your name or brand name being in it. So that if they still continue to use your logo, then that would be a free advertisement and publicity for you and your brand.

ecole11j

Unless you already have some experience with graphic design, I would hire someone. Think about how important a logo is. You want it to be something that will be so associated with your brand that upon seeing it, people will immediately know who you are and what you're about without needing any context. I think the average person without a graphic design background doesn't have the ability to do that, as much as they think they might.