Shared Hosting, VPS Hosting and Dedicated Hosting?

martinIM

What is the differences between Shared Hosting, VPS Hosting and Dedicated Hosting?

I'm a newbie on web hosting industry hence I want to understand each one obviously before choosing exact which I need.

thanks

RDO Servers

A share hosting account t is what most websites use. You are renting a certain amount of space on a webserver with many other sites. Advantage is it's cheap and easy to use. Disadvantage is your limited in the amount t of power, security, and traffic it can handle.

A VPS is when you rent a virtual server, housed on a physical server with other VPS's. It is still technically shared resources, but you have your own virtual server and therefore your own OS, configuration, etc. Advantages are that you can install, run, and configure virtually anything you want. Disadvantage is they are more expensive and you have to either have the know-how to setup and manage your own server, or pay extra for a managed VPS.

A dedicated server is a entire physical machine that is all yours to usem you get all of the CPU, ram, disk space, etc. You can configure it exactly how you want, and don't have to worries about other users affecting your account ts performance. Downfall is the cost and management.