Name Cheap or Go Daddy?

emidiolucchese

The question is which one's better, Name Cheap or Go Daddy? and why?

For me, I am using Godaddy for some domains and 2 domains on Name cheap. what about your domains? where did they locate?

I would choose NameCheap over GoDaddy any day. First off, a lot of people don't realize that the $1 price is only for the first year of the domain registration, after that you pay full renewal price of more than $10. Now, I am not saying this is a bad thing, but there are a lot of people on the Internet that misunderstand this promotion and go on to believe they will only pay $1/year for life.

NameCheap is a great company for Domain Registrations, they do utilize Enom for a lot of their extensions, as do we as a provider.

Andrei

Why you supposed that Namecheap is better?

It has more features than others?

Because Godaddy is so much worse, making NameCheap better by definition.

Take a look at Godaddy for a second:
- slow and complicated backend panel
- they upsell so much that you end up buying a fridge as well with your domain name by the time you get to the checkout page
- they keep increasing renewal prices all the time

So, yeah I find NameCheap to be the better of the two by far.

SenseiSteve

Actually, I have domains with both, but prefer Namecheap. GoDaddy is simply too cluttered.

Dean

I have several domains at both of these registrars and have used them for many years and like them both but if I had to choose between the two I would choose Namecheap.

Their customer support is the best I have ever used and I have used a whole lot of different registrars. They have always given me absolutely awesome support whenever I have needed it. They have good prices on their domains also but their support is a major plus for me.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

Namecheap is my choice here simply because I have used them for a long time and have never had any problems at all. Many other registrars that I have used I have had one problem or another with and I have not had any at Namecheap. Their support is the best in the business and they always take care of anything I need fast and accurately.

GoDaddy isn't bad but they need improvement on their support and lower their renewal prices closer to what other top registrars are pricing them at.

Traveler

I like godaddy for their low prices for the first year of domains and hosting but I like namecheap for the better service and not always trying to get you to buy something else like godaddy does.

Storm

I would pick namecheap these days. In the past I would have said godaddy but they do nothing but try to force you into buying additional services and they keep sending you their email junk no matter what.