is there any way we can protect our design suing copyright or something else?

Muhammad Ramzan

Hi Friends,
Could you suggest me how do I have a copyright of my artwork? Is there any company or site that offers such services of providing copyright of an artwork? Please help me!

ulterios

There is no form of protection that will protect your designs 100% of the time if the images are online. Every form of protection can be defeated using one method or another. Registering each design can get expensive so that's usually not an option unless your designs are very valuable.

If you have your designs displayed online then you can add watermarks to your designs, disable the right-click button on a visitors mouse so they can't easily save/steal the image and some other forms of protection. However, like I said above, there are no methods that will protect your designs 100% of the time.

You can use a service like Digimarc (or similar service) that uses digital watermarks that are embedded into the image digitally and that's probably one of the best ways to protect your designs. They have some other features as well to help protect your images as well. I have never used them myself, I just did some research on them and other forms of protection for my images last year. It's supposed to be one of the best ways to help protect your work, but if you are thinking of this form of protection then you might want to check pricing because I can't remember if it was expensive or not.

Dean

There are plenty of services that can handle this for you and if you search Google you will find them. The thing is though, if someone wants to use and image they will find a way to get around a copyright. Some will alter an image or other artwork and others will just take the image and use it.

These days people don't worry too much about using the property of others without their permission so you have to ask yourself just how much you value the image or other art and decide if paying for this type service is worth it or not.

Just some thoughts.

Cheers, Dean.