Is there any bad effect for posting my site links on facebook?

I want to know if I update my site daily with new content and post the link on various facebook groups. It would gain good traffic but what about if we post in over 200+ groups? will it have a bad effect on my site's profile in google? or it will be normal?

PTTed

You can post all you want in Facebook. It shouldn't hurt your site in Google at all. At least I have never heard of anyone hurting their site doing that.

I wouldn't spam Facebook though.

Ricky Britton

You can post all you want in Facebook. It shouldn't hurt your site in Google at all. At least I have never heard of anyone hurting their site doing that.
Yeah I have not heard about that before

Just curious why google doesn't penalize spam links in facebook or other social networks.

Mark007

You can post your website URL in all those 200+ Facebook groups, but I would suggest you to go in a gradual manner. Submitting all of them at one go will obviously spam your content and website.

PTTed

Just curious why google doesn't penalize spam links in facebook or other social networks.

Google doesn't penalize links from social media websites because the vast majority of them are rel="nofollow". And as long as they are nofollow they will not impact rankings. Therefore, there is no reason to penalize your site. The links are already worthless for ranking purposes.

In regards to Facebook specifically, there are many pages on Facebook where Google can't crawl. If the Googlebot can't crawl a page, then it never sees the links on that page. If it can't see the link then (technically) Google doesn't even know it exists. The reason Googlebot can't crawl a lot of those pages is because you have to be logged into Facebook to see those pages. And Googlebot can't log into Facebook. It is not a user. It is a bot. It doesn't have an email address and password.

Google doesn't penalize links from social media websites because the vast majority of them are rel="nofollow". And as long as they are nofollow they will not impact rankings. Therefore, there is no reason to penalize your site. The links are already worthless for ranking purposes.

In regards to Facebook specifically, there are many pages on Facebook where Google can't crawl. If the Googlebot can't crawl a page, then it never sees the links on that page. If it can't see the link then (technically) Google doesn't even know it exists. The reason Googlebot can't crawl a lot of those pages is because you have to be logged into Facebook to see those pages. And Googlebot can't log into Facebook. It is not a user. It is a bot. It doesn't have an email address and password.
You can post your website URL in all those 200+ Facebook groups, but I would suggest you to go in a gradual manner. Submitting all of them at one go will obviously spam your content and website.
Yeah I have not heard about that before

I wouldn't spam Facebook though.
All of the posts were very helpful for me. Now I got to know that posting at the same time in many groups would proof as spamming and may ban my account. So I will continue using manual methods for posting on facebook instead of using bots. So that I could gather a good amount of traffic without having my account banned.