How to avoid readers unsubscribe from your blog?

samuelson99

I have some readers asked me to unsubscribe from my blog, I don't know what are the reasons why they want to unsubscribe.

Do you share me any advice on how to avoid readers unsubscribe from the blog?

Thanks
Samuel

Nytshade

The best way to know is to ask those people why they want to unsubscribe then improve on it. You can also create a survey for all your blog readers to find out what they like the most and keep your blog focused on what your audience really want.

Make sure your content is good and most importantly it should be valuable and help people solve a specific problem. If people think your content is useless then they'll unsubscribe, so improve your content and create a survey to find out what content they would like to see you blogging about instead of you assuming you know what they want.

But make sure you ask those people why do they want to unsubscribe, that's your best option.

Dean

There can be a lot of reasons why people unsubscribe from a blog. There is the fact that they might not be interested in the topic or niche of your blog, they might be getting too many emails in regards to your blog, they no longer like the content on your blog or any number of reasons.

I would say that it isn't a big deal as this will happen to basically all blogs a little but if you have an unusually high rate of unsubscribers then you might want to do a little looking at anything that you might have changed, including the quality of the content on your blog.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

I have some readers asked me to unsubscribe from my blog, I don't know what are the reasons why they want to unsubscribe.

Thanks
Samuel
The best way to keep from losing subscribers of your blog is to make sure that you are always providing them the best quality content and your posts are interesting to your readers.

a lot of blogger write their posts and do not add any character and do not write posts that keep the readers attention. If you aren't giving your subscribers a reason to follow what you are posting then why should they stay subscribed?

Give them a reason to stay and most will! ;)

KeralMTG

I think users will unsubscribe because the do not get the good quality posts they want. If you make better posts with higher quality then they might not unsubscribe. Always try to make improvements in your posts so your post readers will want more information from your site.

vishwa

You will first have to understand why people want to unsubscribe your blog. There are so many reason behind this. Like you are fail to deliver quality content which is not helpful to your user. You send too much emails to them most of them are promotional. These are some of the basic reason that people want to unsubscribe your blog.

Dean

You will first have to understand why people want to unsubscribe your blog. There are so many reason behind this. Like you are fail to deliver quality content which is not helpful to your user. You send too much emails to them most of them are promotional. These are some of the basic reason that people want to unsubscribe your blog.
Very good points to make. I do not think that people realize that you don't always want to send emails that are always filled with offers. Sometimes it's good to send emails with just some good information or other things that are not promotional in nature. Good points to make!

Cheers, Dean.

Kania

To keep readers interested in your blog you have to keep giving them reasons to want to stay subscribed to it. You have to add new content all the time and also try to post things that are popular that people are wanting to know about. Try to find things that are trending in your niche and provide good posts about that.

JohnQ

If you want to keep your subscribers then you have to be giving them a good reason to stay subscribed. Keep offering them fresh content on topics that they would be interested in.

Also make sure that you offer something different than everyone else and you are not writing the exact same thing in the exact same ways as other bloggers.

Maria Marketing

If you are not giving people what they want to see then they are going to want to unsubscribe. Try to look at things through your own eyes and think about the things that would make you want to unsubscribe.

Give people what they want to see and most will probably stay subscribed with you.

jyu143

Thanks
Samuel
I experienced that also, just make a good quality content to your blogs, maybe your content is out of topic or the reader lost interest your content.

Tips: just make sure you have a good quality content :)

SueAssists

samuelson99 said:
I have some readers asked me to unsubscribe from my blog, I don't know what are the reasons why they want to unsubscribe. Do you share me any advice on how to avoid readers unsubscribe from the blog?
Even though this question was posted Jun 9, 2015 , it's still relevant today especially with the increase in optin forms on websites since 2015 therefore email marketers have to do a bit extra to get noticed amongst the many emails in the inboxes!

For a mass unsubscribes, ie lots of unsubscribe requests after a specific email has been sent is a big clue that there was something in the content that didnt go down too well at all and I'd remove that email from the sequence and perhaps send to a family member or email marketer friend to have a look over and give their opinion before ditching it completely or edit it then put it back into the sequence with their suggestions

Unsubscribes can be expected and are a good thing especially if you have to pay extra because of an increase in your subscribers being stored by your autoresponder provider.

If your unsubscribes continually increase with each sending, then it appears you have a disconnect in your content with what your subscribers thought they'd signed up for.

Without seeing the email sent or your original optin form promise, it is hard to add to what the others have suggested above.

Will say though that you're better off with a small list of openers and clickers than a large list of email addresses with no opens or click throughs.

yuekai

As a reader, I will unsubscribe to a blog which is not related to me or not interested for me, but don't worry when some of them unsubscribe to you it means you have to find what they want to be interested in your blog, so think another idea or topic.

Cris

Keeping subscribers is really hard. But if you always has a fresh and new article or blog everyday or at least 2 a week will keep your subscribers to stay and more subscribers to be interested. Believe on your work and make a conversation with your subscribers. Give them a way to suggest and be part of your daily blog.

Catherine1

What I have always done is to make sure that my blog posts are not the same as you would find on another blog. Having the same information can be fine but try to present it in a unique way or add something that people will not find somewhere else.

Also try to avoid sending to many emails to your subscribers because they might get overwhelmed and just want to unsubscribe.

EasyDeasy

Personally, I unsubscribe when I feel like I'm not enjoying the site's content anymore. This usually means that there's a change in style or quality that differs from what the site used to have when I first subscribed to it. It isn't so much as me wanting new content than me wanting the site to remain true to itself and remain faithful to its original audience.