Are you planning to move to a new web hosting provider?

Olinlama

Are you planning or do you need to change to a new Web Hosting Provider?

Perhaps your website is growing and more traffic coming and your current web host is not enough accommodate for that amount or you just want to a new environment?

What are your main reasons? All your inputs are welcome.

RDO Servers

Some people stay with the same host for many years, some people may change hosts several times.

The most common reason we hear from new customers is the lack of quality tech support from their previous host.

Hostlumina

Perhaps your website is growing and more traffic coming and your current web host is not enough accommodate for that amount or you just want to a new environment?

Very broad question :)

However, some of the reasons that you will find around the net are:

- They maxed out their resources
- dissatisfied with customer service
- Pricing
- Provider selling to another host they might of have experience with
- Possible feature not offered by current host
- Client simply closing shop
- downtime
- performance issues

Labored

Do not compromise what had been planned about for the web site just to meet the level of what can just be offered with the cheap web hosting package.

Galaxoid

Read other clients' or customers' testimonials. Try to contact the current customers of the web host provider of your choice and see if they are satisfied with the kind of services being rendered by the web host company.

Yuostas

If you are planning to move I must say that downtownhost.com team are very helpful with files transfer.
They offer a coupon "refugee" for customer changing of host, they get the first month with a 99% off.

Lucastock

I have changed my webhost. Now I'm happy dealing with Kvchosting ssd hosting which is 10x faster than regular one.
If you want reliable, low-cost, excellent discounting hosting service, this company is the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

VPServer

I only want to change host If they failed to provide guaranteed uptime guarantee or take lot of time to respond when my server is offline otherwise I will avoid to move my hosting account for small reason like visitor increased.

If everything is ok and my website get popular then I will not move until hosting company ask me to move.

hmb-robert

If you found the hosting provider providing services as they promise or show in there site you can any time move your site/account to another provider.

Dean

I am not planning on changing hosts any time soon unless there is a very drastic change in the quality of customer/technical support.

I have been with quite a few web hosting companies and the main reason that I have left them when that happened, was because of the poor support. Actually with a few "poor" was putting it lightly!

Other reasons that I have left, although a distant second, is because I wanted more or better resources.

If I am getting good support and all my needs are met then I will stay with a host, if they are not then I go shopping for new hosting.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

I don't have any plans on moving but if my current host go nuts and the service goes downhill then I will. I get great support from my current host, which is the most important thing for me, so unless that changes I will stay where I am at barring anything unforeseen.

I do however try out a new host from time to time to see what the services are and how the experience is. ;)

Ben

I am currently looking for a host and I am having trouble deciding on which to use. It's so hard to find good information on who to pick. Not always an easy task I guess. Either that or I think about things too much sometimes.

Sudipta Sen

1. The first step is to join your new host. Make definite to NOT cancel with your old hosting provider, and do not tell them you will be canceling. Keep this a secret from your old host, or they could ahead of time cease your site and cause downtime.

2. At this point, you should have hosting accounts with two hosting providers (the old and the new one). You will now migrate your entire site from the old host to the new one. This can be done by between to the old host's FTP and downloading all your files, and then by connecting to the new host's FTP and uploading all your files (maintain the same file and folder structure). If you choose to make Host Gator your new host, we may transfer your entire site over free of charge.

DTS-NET

only if you not happy with your current hosting company then switch If they change price
or types of service or do not give you the level of service you need
do not offer what you need to upgrade to
then switch