Why is IE so much slower that other browsers?

MidnightAngel

I got to thinking last night, I rarely use Internet Explorer anymore. My husband does, but he's not good with other browsers, I'm always the one experimenting. Why is it that no matter which version of IE you use, is it so much slower than the others? Or is it just me, my computer, my internet, I just don't understand. Does anyone know the answer to that?

Internet Explorer has always been a troublesome browser. I am happy to say that as of Windows 10, Internet Explorer will no longer be an offered Browser.

MidnightAngel

Seriously? I didn't think they could do that. My husband likes it but I just like to stay away from it if possible. Back when we first started using the computer, and IE 6 was on it, we had no trouble with it. I used it all the time then. It just seems as the years have gone by, it's gotten worse and worse.

SilentThief

Internet Explorer is not up to date. It is way behind and causes problems for developers as well, who want their site to look nice. It not being up to date is what is also causing it to be slow.

Hostlumina

Ugh, unfortunately i always found IE under developed with many bugs (can't forget that security vulnerability that was found last year where even microsoft recommended the use of other browsers such as Chrome, Firefox).

But hey, do any of you remember Netscape? Now that was a bad bad bad browser! (lol)

I am also glad Windows 10 will no longer have IE and I am very curious on trying out Windows Edge.