What language have you learned first?

elcidofaguy

Yeah HTML is extremely basic as a programming language... It restricted to presentation only i.e. you cannot declare and process variables, query databases etc... For that you need to look into Javasript for client side and for server side processing something like PHP or C#...

The first programming language I got into was BASIC which was on an Acorn Electron - way, way back in the 80's when I was a kid lol... In those days you loaded games from a cassette player which took for ages! I messed around with writing simple programs then with wanting to know how it all worked... Here is a picture of one:

electron.jpg

Can you believe there was no internet or mobile phones back then lol?

After that at Uni I got involved with Pascal, C, Matlab and assembly language... going beyond that I've done a lot of progamming in .NET and PHP...

MidnightAngel

It took me about 6 months or so to teach myself basic HTML. I still use it to this day, I've attempted CSS, but not my cup of tea. Basic html is how I used to make most of my webpages when I still made them. I would still make them to this day, but I don't like to have to pay all of the time, I'm not rich...LOL :Computer: