What is the difference between Ebay and Amazon?

The Dark Wizard

I am seeing a massive growth in Amazon in the last few months, It has been all over the news , so I was curious to know the difference between Amazon and Ebay?

which one is better for people looking for opportunities to earn income online?

The lines are getting blurred but the main difference is ebay has an auction. Amazon doesn't

VPServer

I think you want to compare Quality vs Quantity.

Ebay for quantity and amazon for quality. They even improve their website but in my country they don't change their site look from many years and amazon change design and customer support is superb.

I was purchased a product, It was expired and they not only refund money but also did not ask for return,etc. (no hassle)

Hostlumina

Simply put...

Ebay - Garage sale

Amazon - Liquidation store

:Dancing2:

In all seriousness.... both are completely different when it comes to experience.

As a buyer if you want simplicity IMHO amazon is the way to go. Ebay just feels messy if you are new to it.

At the end of the day Amazon's approach is as a retailer (fulfillment) and Ebay is more of a marketplace.

ulterios

There is a lot of misconceptions out there about these two sellers and especially ebay. Many people think that eBay is just auctions and mostly used items. This is far from reality. eBay sells more new items than used items and that amount has continued to grow.

Amazon does not have an auction system like eBay so if you are looking for that platform then ebay will be the better choice. Amazon though is growing at a huge rate so there are more and more people using it so that is always nice as a seller and should be considered.

Between the two I have had good and bad experiences but on eBay their buyer and seller protection was better for me and handling things properly so I personally like them from a customer service standpoint. Not that Amazon has bad customer service but eBay's has just been better for me.

As for looking to earn income online and which would be best, that would depend on exactly what you want to do to make money. Do you want to sell physical goods, virtual/digital goods, services or are you just looking to market things?

How you are looking to make money online will help determine which is best out of these two options. ;)

Dean

There are many differences between Ebay and Amazon but which you buy from is usually a personal choice. Ebay does have people and businesses selling using the auction format and there is a lot of used items on it so that can also determine which you like or do business on.

One thing of not is to be careful of is that on Amazon there are quite a lot of counterfeit items that are being reported more and more lately. There have even been TV reports about the counterfeit items on Amazon.

I am not saying that Ebay doesn't have them because they do but it just seems like Amazon is where most people are talking about in regards to counterfeit items.

Cheers, Dean.