What do you use to email end users for domain sales?

sustainSpace

I have one questions to start off, what do you use to email end users? I decided to pay for domaniq and it gives you the option of exporting a spreadsheet of emails of domains related to the one you own. Most of the emails show and when there is a privacy lock, you can look at the WHOIS history and likely find the email, very useful. Anyway, regarding my question, do you simply use your own email or something like mailchimp or benchmarkemail? I like how it shows you what percentage of recipients opened the email.
-sustainSpace

Dean

I have one questions to start off, what do you use to email end users? I decided to pay for domaniq and it gives you the option of exporting a spreadsheet of emails of domains related to the one you own. Most of the emails show and when there is a privacy lock, you can look at the WHOIS history and likely find the email, very useful. Anyway, regarding my question, do you simply use your own email or something like mailchimp or benchmarkemail? I like how it shows you what percentage of recipients opened the email.
-sustainSpace
Personally, I prefer to send the emails myself and make each one unique. This helps to show a more personal touch and not make it look like you are just sending a form letter or something.

It's also better to send from [email protected] to make it look more legitimate and not so spammy. Everyone can get a free email account but if you actually have an email address with your own paid domain that will look more professional.

In domain sales you are asking people to buy from you and they don't even know you. Plus domains are usually higher priced purchases and not just a few dollars, so looking professional and like you sent a personalized message it will look much better to a potential client/customer.

If you are always trying to cut corners and not present yourself in a professional way then that is only going to hurt sales. Always present the best image possible.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

I send them myself through using my own domain [email protected] and send two different emails (kind of). I have one that is a form that I just fill in the blanks with the information for that specific sale (email, domain, asking price) and then send it. This one is for low dollar sales.

The other that I send is only about 10% filled and then I add the needed information as well as write a personalized email for that specific sale or potential sale. This is sent to the higher dollar sales.

I don't use a service for anything and have never needed it. If you are trying to get people to by something for you just out of the blue it's better to be more personalized, even if it's just a little. Plus a lot of those sending services and so on have some kind of logo or other identifying marks on them letting the person who receives the email know that you are using a service and that can make it look like you didn't care enough about the sale to send them a personalized email.

There are some situations that are different but this is my normal practice for doing this.

JohnQ

I used to sell some domains a while back and when I was sending emails to possible buyers I would send them each individually. I was mainly targeting the higher end domain market and not the low dollar domains so this just gave it a more personal touch.

Sending bulk emails for possible domain sales will not have the best success based on my experience and what I have heard from some big players in the domain business.