What are the rules of making catchy title for video or blog?

Michael Meaney

Hello everybody,

I would love to get your expert opinion on how to go about making catchy titles for YouTube Videos and Blog Articles.
I really would appreciate getting information about my questions and I thank you all in advance.

Regards,
Micheal

Blackreign78

Hello,

There are two main key elements when creating a catchy title for videos and blogs

1.) Keep it simple
2.) Memorable. Of course You don't want to be offensive at the same time you want to catch their eye to your videos/blog. Push the envelope without careening over the edge. Sit down and really think about all the aspects of your creation.

I have found a stroke of genius can manifest when doing that. Is there anything comedic, or attention grabbing about what you've created?
How can you incorporate that into your title?

I cannot stress enough that simplistic is best, the average person's attention span is not that long so you gotta hit their mind hard and fast so they will instantly click your link and view your content.

Hope that helps!

augusta

making a catchy title for blog or video is to find what is in vogue and relate to the video or blog title.

As a blogger myself,I try to keep my title simple but tilted to what people would love to read without even reading the content.

titles are like the window of the blog or video content.so always be current and up to date with information to tilt towards that way.

Nomnom

I don't claim to be an expert but I have observed a lot of posts on YouTube promoting different articles and videos. The key is to create clickbait titles. This will increase the chances of your article or video being viewed. How do you create clickbait titles?
  • Make the title controversial. Relate the title to politics or religion or to current trends and go against what others are saying.
  • Exaggerate. You can make a boring title clickable if you exaggerate the content in your title.
  • Ask an intriguing question in the title. Go for something like, Did you know that cancer is curable? Or something similar.
  • Use powerful words and use an exclamation point. For instance - "Breaking News! Trump eats Chinese street food" Or "Shocking Incident! Cute cat is missing."
There you go. Hope I helped a little bit.

jojo_1234

You know what I have a YouTube channel and what I have observed is that for a catchy title it just has to be simple. There is really no pattern in fact it does not even have to be in a proper sentence for as long as it has a word that is specific. Like my channel is for kids. I make sure that my title has the word for kids. Wo when audience try to search they just have to look for the hash tags. I may not be an expert on this but I tell you there is nothing more specific than giving a very simple title.

In making a catchy titles you have to make it short but memorable. Just like a quick punch but a very strong one,your title will be one of the most important thing to catch the viewer's attention. It doesn't have to be long because it might bore the viewer if ots too long to read and other thing is that it should have sense or it must serve as a window on what you are going to offer, you can put a little mystery on there or a extreme emotions using the right punctuation marks. Rhymes might work also, just remember to stick on the idea and be creative.

Hallowishie

If you are planning to create blogs or even vlogs, title is very much important. You need to make sure that you create irresistibly clickable titles. Search engines aren’t the main audience you need to write for, so it’s important to let some passion into your post title. You need to have that drive and passion to what you do. You also need to keep it short,but focused. A clickable post title should makes sense and be easy to read so don’t try to stuff awkward keywords into your title. Another things is that, you need to make the grammar look good. It becomes even more important when writing your post title because that is the first thing a reader will read before deciding on whether to read further or not.