Video is the new picture

Video is the new picture

Discussion in 'Website Design' started by David Ewen, Jul 2, 2015.

1. David Ewen

David Ewen Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Before pictures were necessary items on a website. Now as videos are easy to produce and can be embedded on websites so easily, why aren't people taking advantage of it? I'd like to know your thoughts. Am I wasting time using video and should I just focus on pictures? Or is there a way to make videos more effective?

2. Hostlumina

Hostlumina Active Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 0 / -0
    Videos are great to reach some people visually and through audio. However, I do not think it will ever replace images for a couple of reasons.

#1 - Even though producing a video has gotten a lot easier. It still requires a lot of hours to create, at least an effective video that will convey the message very well. I known people in the industry creating commercials and who have done very well on youtube and it can take days to create a good strong 3 minute video.

#2 - Images are up to date delivering very strong effective messages within seconds with the right text content & image.

Having video on your site helps as long as it is done well for the visitors.

3. PluginForage

PluginForage Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    IMHO, if someone is selling something that required documentation, they are doing potential disservice to themselves and their customers by not creating how-to videos for their products. Less support and more sales using videos.