Things to look out for when buying SEO services?

rahaninja

Browsing some offers from websites offering SEO services, I wanted to have a try to improve my keyword rankings on Google but I don't have more experience on choosing SEO services. Could you please share me how or what to choose or things to look out for when buying SEO services?

ulterios

When buying SEO services you need to be careful because using services from the wrong provider can harm or even kill your website or blog.

Make sure to shop around and compare the services they offer and what exactly you are getting for your money. Try to find one with some kind of guarantee.

Find out exactly what they will do (They won't tell everything but at least a general idea is good) for your site and what you can expect.

Try to use a service that has a good reputation, don't just go by testimonials you see on their site. Try to do a Google, Bing, whatever search on the company/person who you are thinking about using and see what information, good or bad there is that you can find.

The thing is you need to be reasonably sure that they aren't going to use any black hat SEO techniques that might get you a rankings boost now, but a penalty later.

I would just shop around and don't jump into the first thing that comes along without doing research.

Good luck and I hope this helps. ;)

Dean

I agree with everything that ulterios said above, especially the point about using an SEO service that has a good reputation.

You don't want to find out a couple months down the road that your SEO used some methods that you wind up getting a penalty from Google or the other search engines, or even a ban from their index.

I would also add to what was said above that I would see if any service you are thinking of using has any kind of guarantee on their work. In theory someone selling SEO services could take you money then not do much at all. If you had some kind of guarantee on a rankings increase then that would be a big plus.

Cheers, Dean