Promotion methods for new website?

elasticcat

I have launched a domain and website listing website since 2 months ago. It allows any user who wants to sell his website or domain to list the domain/website for free.

Could someone guide how I could gain more views and users in the area of domain and website sales. I have started using social networks and do you have any better methods for targeted viewership?

Please suggest

Thanks

Last edited:

Mark007

Hello Tim
I would suggest you to invest a few bucks for your website promotion as this could improve your business. You can use Google Adwords to promote your keywords and gain good visitors to your website and make it popular in search engines. Some banner ads in similar websites will also help gain traffic to your website.

PTTed

I have launched a domain and website listing website since 2 months ago. It allows any user who wants to sell his website or domain to list the domain/website for free.

Could someone guide how I could gain more views and users in the area of domain and website sales. I have started using social networks and do you have any better methods for targeted viewership?

Thanks
Tim

I would go visit places online where your audience already exists and look for ways to introduce your website to them.

For example, if your website helps people sell their websites then you audience already hangs out on sites like Flippa. I would go there and make a list of the domains that are for sale on there. Then use Whois to lookup who owns those sites. Send those people an email and tell them they can advertise their site for sale for free on your site.

Another approach would be to find places online that publish a list of places to sell a website. So go on Google and search for "places to sell a website" or " website auction sites" or "how to sell a website". Go visit all of those places to find out if they publish a list of websites that help sell websites. Then contact those people who own those sites and ask them how you can get your website added to their lists.

If you are willing to do a lot of grunt work like that, then you will get the results you are after.

ulterios

Anyone looking to promote a new website should make sure that social media promoting is a part of their plan. The social media websites like Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and some others are a great way to promote a new website and attract some traffic to come and check out a new website.

Forum advertising through forum posting as well as banner advertising is also a great way to get traffic to a new website to help it grow.

The early stages right after launching a new website can make a big impact on it's success and it's recognition so a good effort is needed to help it get on it's way to climbing the search rankings from Google, Bing and the other search engines and to help it start to get consistent traffic! ;)

jpy

Guest posting could be a way to get what you want, as well as placing a link to your website on high-traffic forums and blogs, assuming they are related.

I have started using social networks and do you have any better methods for targeted viewership?

It's interesting to note that Facebook posts reach less than 5 percent of the audience - unless, of course, you're willing to pay.

Last edited:

Ben

If you are looking to get traffic fast then your best choice is to go with paid traffic. By that I am meaning PPC advertising, banner ads on related websites or other paid means of advertising to get people to come to your website.

If you are wanting free methods then social media marketing, forum marketing and doing some good SEO will help but takes a while to get it going.

Raeann Bell

To promote your business there are some basic rules to follow :
1. Work on website SEO.
2. Get reciprocal linking.
3. Write articles.
4. Use social media to drive traffic to your website.
5. Create/present quality content.
6. Promote Your Video, Images, and Audio Content.

PedroP

Please suggest

Thanks
We are in a very similar situation. I have started my website a couple months ago and have been trying hard to make it get traffic. Facebook does help but I don't think it's the core of the promotion. SEO and backlinking are next in my list, I'll give them a try soon

vinaya

So you have a domain and website market place. I am holding some domains and I want to sell these domains. I have also created websites in order to sell them and make money. I have never been able to sell domains or websites. I wish you had shared your website link.
Once of the best ways to promote a new website is by sharing it on social media. You will have to use all sorts of social networks and social book marking sites.
You can also use forum signature for yout web address.

vishwa

If you have some budget, you can start with paid advertising like Google Adwords, Bing Ads, Facebook ads etc. This will help you get initial boost to your website and help you to get some listings as well.

Kania

I saw a Facebook group some months ago about domains so maybe you should check out Facebook groups for domain sellers and other domain types of groups. I am sure there are more than one of them.

augusta

To drive traffic to a new blog mainly needs one writing unique contents.Something never read before and the content should be updated regularly.

You could also use paid ads on Facebook, twitter and instagram to promote your blog.