Is shared web hosting good to start with?

Kania

I am going to be making a blog for my marketing promotions with reviews and other information. Is shared web hosting good to start a new blog on or is it better to pay more for a VPS?

AlexRozett

Here are the reasons why you should go with the shared web hosting service if you are just starting with blogging.

1. Low Website Traffic.

When you start a new website you will not get heavy traffic to your website, your website’s traffic will increase with time. So When a shared hosting package can handle your website then why to buy to another type of expensive hosting.

2. Shared Web Hosting Can Run WordPress Smoothly.

WordPress consumes lots of server resources but when you are just getting started with your blog shared hosting can handle your WordPress blog very well. What I mean is the resource level allotted for each website on shared hosting is limited but a new WordPress blog with less amount of traffic can run smoothly with those limited resources as well.

3. The Cost of Shared Hosting is Less.

When you compare the cost of shared hosting with VPS or Dedicated hosting you will find that the cost of the shared hosting packages is very less and affordable.
These are the three reasons that I can give you, but when it comes to choosing the best shared hosting provider you have to be very careful.

Kania

Here are the reasons why you should go with the shared web hosting service if you are just starting with blogging.

1. Low Website Traffic.

When you start a new website you will not get heavy traffic to your website, your website’s traffic will increase with time. So When a shared hosting package can handle your website then why to buy to another type of expensive hosting.

2. Shared Web Hosting Can Run WordPress Smoothly.

WordPress consumes lots of server resources but when you are just getting started with your blog shared hosting can handle your WordPress blog very well. What I mean is the resource level allotted for each website on shared hosting is limited but a new WordPress blog with less amount of traffic can run smoothly with those limited resources as well.

3. The Cost of Shared Hosting is Less.

When you compare the cost of shared hosting with VPS or Dedicated hosting you will find that the cost of the shared hosting packages is very less and affordable.
These are the three reasons that I can give you, but when it comes to choosing the best shared hosting provider you have to be very careful.
If I start out on shared web hosting like you suggest and then I get a lot of website traffic and need to switch to a VPS then is that hard to do? Can someone do that for me if I don't know how?

AlexRozett

As for that I recommend you to start shared hosting with the same hosting provider that provides VPS's and for example dedicated hosting options.

It makes it less stressful and easier to move from shared to a Virtual Private Machine when you have your data stored at the same hosting provider.

If you wish to see some of the hosting providers that a have these options let me know.

Kania

It makes it less stressful and easier to move from shared to a Virtual Private Machine when you have your data stored at the same hosting provider.
I did not know that. It does make sense to me though so I can understand it. Thank you Alex.

AlexRozett

I did not know that. It does make sense to me though so I can understand it. Thank you Alex.

No problem bud, if you want to find some hosting providers for your needs, just send me a private message i will gladly help you out.

ulterios

I wouldn't start out with VPS web hosting at first since that's going to be overkill and an added expense that you don't need. I would just get some good quality shared web hosting and then if and when the need comes, then you upgrade to a VPS web hosting service.

Kania

I wouldn't start out with VPS web hosting at first since that's going to be overkill and an added expense that you don't need. I would just get some good quality shared web hosting and then if and when the need comes, then you upgrade to a VPS web hosting service.
I was just wondering about VPS web hosting because I have seen some blog posts and reviews that say that VPS is better than shared web hosting.

JennyJ

I use shared web hosting myself and it has worked fine for me. I think that the type of web hosting would matter more if you had a lot of traffic coming to your blog and the software that you are using more than the type.

I think that as long as it's from a good web hosting provider then shared web hosting will work fine until your blog starts to get a lot of people visiting it.

Kania

I use shared web hosting myself and it has worked fine for me. I think that the type of web hosting would matter more if you had a lot of traffic coming to your blog and the software that you are using more than the type.

I think that as long as it's from a good web hosting provider then shared web hosting will work fine until your blog starts to get a lot of people visiting it.
I do not have much traffic now but I want to be prepared now so when I do start to get more traffic it will not cause problems and make me have to hurry to more to different web hosting. I like time to make a good decision.

Dean

Shared web hosting will be fine for probably quite some time unless you get a huge amount of traffic real quickly. I would just make sure that you get web hosting from a good shared web hosting company and avoid some of the more well known bad web hosting companies.

Traveler

Most people start out using shared web hosting and as long as it's not with a junk web host then it should work fine for what you need at first.

Later on when your needs have changed then you can always upgrade to something better than shared web hosting but to start I would just use shared web hosting.

KeralMTG

Most people probably start with shared web hosting for their blogs. I do not think that many people start out with a vps for a new blog.

Marcos

Shared web hosting is the type that most people will have for their first hosting service and it is all you should need unless you have higher demands for more resources from a server. I just would not go with a poor quality shared web host because not all shared web hosting will be the same level of quality.

georgiaa

I think it is fine because you are just starting, Shared hosting is not good when your website is huge and have heavy contents and the traffic on your website is also very high. So, You can go with shared hosting because it is less costly compared to vps, and dedicated server. After some time when traffic is more you can change it that time.

Kania

If one wants to something that is economical like shared hosting and can be suitable for hosting blogging website, then the WordPress web hosting plan will be better. Some the web host also offers VPS WordPress hosting plans.
I did not know they have Wordpress VPS, is it better?

I think it is fine because you are just starting, Shared hosting is not good when your website is huge and have heavy contents and the traffic on your website is also very high. So, You can go with shared hosting because it is less costly compared to vps, and dedicated server. After some time when traffic is more you can change it that time.
My site is only a small one so then it should be ok I think. I do get a lot of downtime though so I don't know.

Michael

I was reading about this because I am going to be starting a blog and all the things I read said that shared web hosting is fine to start until your blog gets big and a lot of traffic.