Is Bing good for traffic for your website?

Storm

I have mostly been worried about Google for the traffic for my site and was wondering if I should worry about Bing also but I don't know if it is worth worrying about.

What do you think about Bing and getting traffic for your website from it?

ulterios

I think that you should never disregard any potential means of gaining traffic for your website or blog. I am not saying that you should spend countless hours trying to get traffic from Bing but just make sure that you do not ignore it.

Most people only worry about Google. I have always thought that worrying about only Google and you are missing out on possible traffic for your site.

I actually get a good amount of traffic from Bing and some other sources besides Google. No it's not as much traffic as I get from Google but still enough to pay attention to.

vishwa

Well I think Google still dominates the search market and have large number of search queries compare to bing. This is one of the major reason while people love to rank in Google. Bing also have an equal opportunity and you have to do the same thing that you have made to rank in Google.

Storm

Thanks for the replies and information both of you. :D

Dean

I think that Bing can be a good source of traffic and you should never disregard any traffic source and especially one as big as Bing.

I had a couple of websites that were getting a large amount of traffic from both Bing and Yahoo and I wasn't really paying much attention to them.

After I found that I was getting such a large amount of traffic from those two sources I started running some Bing advertising campaigns and they did quite well for sales and conversions.

You never want to ignore any traffic source and Bing is one that you should definitely not ignore.

KeralMTG

I think that all of the search websites are good for traffic and bing is probable good also but sure google is better.

Traveler

One of my friends has an ecommerce website and he uses bing advertising. He said he gets more sales through bing than in adwords and it's also cheaper.

Storm

One of my friends has an ecommerce website and he uses bing advertising. He said he gets more sales through bing than in adwords and it's also cheaper.
Bing advertising is cheaper than Adwords for sure. I am mostly worried about organic traffic. I have noticed that my traffic from them kind of comes in small bursts.

I will get lots from the for a week or two and then it slows to almost nothing for no reason. I don't know why that is though.

Storm

Yes, i do agree with above answers if your submitted the website for the Google search engine then their is no need of worrying about the bing.
I should just forget about Bing and only worry about Google?

Marcos

I get about 25% of my traffic from Bing so it is important to me. Of course I get much more from Google but that is to be expected from the number of their users.

I never rule out the top search websites and forget about them. Even if they send a little traffic then that is better than getting nothing from them.

Kania

I was getting some good traffic from Bing before but not too much lately. Maybe my rankings dropped in Bing because I have not done anything but the traffic from it is less.