if we change the hosting of a website, will it affect it's ranking?

RDO Servers

No. You can change your hosting as much as you would like and it will not negatively effect your search rankings, as long as it is done properly.

If you pick a bad host, with overloaded servers, and your site then takes 10 seconds to load, that can affect your rankings.

If you change the website structure, and do not properly use 301 redirects, that can affect your rankings if you end up with a bunch of broken links.

Otherwise, you have nothing to worry about!

No. You can change your hosting as much as you would like and it will not negatively effect your search rankings, as long as it is done properly.

If you pick a bad host, with overloaded servers, and your site then takes 10 seconds to load, that can affect your rankings.

If you change the website structure, and do not properly use 301 redirects, that can affect your rankings if you end up with a bunch of broken links.

Otherwise, you have nothing to worry about!
Glad to hear that from you. Now I am satisfied to change my hosting by keeping in mind your advice.

Also could you tell me a good tool to search for broken links in my site?

RDO Servers

Glad I could help :DD:

Keep in mind, a lot of hosts also offer free website migrations for new customers. Defianently worth asking! Might as well let them do the hard work for you!

For checking for broken links, I use the W3C tool at https://validator.w3.org/checklink

KeralMTG

It can affect the website rankings if you move to a hosting that is a lot slower and has more down time. If your website has these troubles then people might not want to come back to your site.

If you move to a better host that is faster and less down time than it might even improve the rankings of website.

Dean

In theory changing from one hosting service to another will not affect rankings if it is done correctly. It can affect the ranking of a website not because of the move to another host but by some of the characteristics of that new hosting.

If your new hosting is drastically slower or faster at serving your website to it's visitors, search engines, etc., then it can since Google is known to use page load speed as a small ranking factor. You can also notice ranking changes if the host that you move to has better uptime or downtime. If your site is down a lot more and Google see's that when it tries to crawl your site then you can see a decrease in rankings.

Switching hosts shouldn't change your rankings at all if it is done right and all other things are equal.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

Just by switching hosts you shouldn't see that affect a website and it's rankings unless the hosting that you are moving to is a huge improvement in uptime, load speed, reliability and so on.

Just switching hosts will only affect your site most of the time if the host you are moving from was terrible (then you might see a ranking boost) or the one you are moving to is terrible (then you might see a rankings drop). It is all going to depend on the hosting that you are moving from and to. ;)

DTS-NET

in fact if you change to the right host
in most case it will improve your rating
adding SSL helps as well