How to tell google that my blog post has been updated new content?

HenaryMagas

Hey all,
Please tell me how Google detect that we have make updates on my blog post and want it to be re-crawled by google spider?
What we have to do for telling Google for this so that people can get the updated information on SERPs?.

PTTed

Hey all,
Please tell me how Google detect that we have make updates on my blog post and want it to be re-crawled by google spider?
What we have to do for telling Google for this so that people can get the updated information on SERPs?.

If you are running a Wordpress blog, there is a spot on the website whateveryourdomainis.com/wp-admin/options-writing.php where you can add different services that you want to ping whenever there is a new blog post. Here is a list of services - https://codex.wordpress.org/Update_Services

Then whenever you update a blog post, Wordpress will ping that list and notify them of updates.

Sometimes those places will then issue a recrawl of your page and sometimes they won't depending on the last time the page was pinged and depending on what type of service you are pinging.

Google in particular will send the Googlebot to your site more often if there are more frequent changes occurring on your blog and if there is a lot of conversation happening on the blog. About 4 years ago I used to run a relatively popular blog (in a specific niche) that had lots of conversations happening all the time. There was a lot of commenting going on for each and every blog post. The Googlebot lived on that website. Google would index pages in like a minute or two after I published a new page and the pages would almost immediately rank at the very top of Google.

You can accelerate the rate at which pages get indexed and recrawled by increasing the amount of Google PageRank your site has. The more PageRank you have flowing around your site, the more visits the Googlebot will make. Google then throttles the bot visits higher or lower depending on how often you make changes. If it is constantly finding new content, it will visit more often.

Social media links also work well for telling Google to come back and recrawl a page.

viteko

Have you heard about opening XML-RPC Ping Services can open holes for hackers to hack or DDOS wordpress blogs?
It's not recommended to open this service. You can search this information on the google for more details.

Submit or resubmit your sitemap in webmaster tools. Optionally use fetch as google for all updated pages.

elcidofaguy

I personally dont do anything and let nature take its course... Google and other search engines generally do a great job of visiting your website and crawling it... If you want to speed it up then create some backlinks on sites which get crawled frequently such as your sig link on forums, social media, tweets etc... One thing to note is that if your website publishes content regularly then that should increase the frequency of crawls...

Mark007

If you do not need to wait for Google to find your webpage update, then you can try out social sharing, submit sitemap and build backlinks to get your webpage crawled faster in search engines.