How to remove the bad backlinks of website?

Adrianhenry

Hey,

Sometimes I have seen backlinks in google webmaster tools which I didn't expect to have for my site. How to remove them? what are the best ways?

1. Identify the link you want to remove.
  2. Find the contact information on the website. ...
  3. Send an email to the webmaster, and make the location of the link you want to remove very clear. ...
  4. If you are not getting a reply in 5-10 business days, send a follow-up.

vishwa

Hey,

Sometimes I have seen backlinks in google webmaster tools which I didn't expect to have for my site. How to remove them? what are the best ways?
If you think that these links may harm your site SEO than you can simply disavow these links. But sometimes google is smart enough to filter these links and bypass it automatically.

Dean

I agree with vishwa on this. If you think that the links are bad and may harm your site then you can disavow them or even contact the site owner to see if they will remove the link.

Google has stated that their algorithm is getting better and better at identifying bad links and will just filter them, so if they are not good then you will probably be ok.

krishna kodi

Hey,

Hi,

Its very simple. Just make a list of those back links and create a text file. Then upload this file to Google Disavow tool.

On the other hand if you have login details for those websites then you can manually remove those links.

I hope this works well for your website.

Sudipta Sen

At 1st you make a list your bad backlinks of your website. Then send an email to the webmaster, and make the location of the link you want to remove very clear. If you are not getting a reply in 5-10 business days, send a follow-up.

KeralMTG

I saw some information that says google wants you to try to get the backlink removed by the website so you should contact them first. Then if they will not remove the link you can use the disavow tool.