How do I get more followers on Twitter?

KeralMTG

I started a Twitter account a few months ago and I have only been able to get about 200 followers.

What are some good ways to get more followers? If you have any tips then I will appreciate it very much.

ulterios

There are many different ways that you can get more followers on Twitter. Here are some of the ones that will usually provide you with a good amount of new followers.

1. Follow other accounts that are related to what your account is about.
  2. Make sure to add images to your Tweets. Tweets with images have a much higher response rate.
  3. Make proper use of hashtags. Use 2-3 and on the main keywords that you want to attract people for.
  4. Promote your Twitter account and ask people to follow you on your other social media accounts.
  5. Make sure that you have a follow button for your Twitter account on your website/s.

There are some other ways but these will get you good results and have always done well for me.

Good Luck. ;)

Dean

One more thing that I would add to the list that ulterios posted above is to try to tag/mention the account name of the top accounts that you would like to get followers from. Just make sure to put a character immediately before the "@" symbol which is usually a period that most people use.

An example would be that if you would like to get more of the same followers that are following Facebook then you could send out a Tweet something like this: "Thanks .@digitalocean for providing me with the great #CustomerService that I just received!" or something along those lines.

This will be seen by Digital Ocean and all of their followers as well and with some luck you will be able to get some of those followers to follow you after seeing your Tweet.

Cheers, Dean.

KeralMTG

There are many different ways that you can get more followers on Twitter. Here are some of the ones that will usually provide you with a good amount of new followers.

1. Follow other accounts that are related to what your account is about.
  2. Make sure to add images to your Tweets. Tweets with images have a much higher response rate.
  3. Make proper use of hashtags. Use 2-3 and on the main keywords that you want to attract people for.
  4. Promote your Twitter account and ask people to follow you on your other social media accounts.
  5. Make sure that you have a follow button for your Twitter account on your website/s.

There are some other ways but these will get you good results and have always done well for me.

Good Luck. ;)
So is it better to always have images in the tweets or do you do some with images and some without images?

KeralMTG

One more thing that I would add to the list that ulterios posted above is to try to tag/mention the account name of the top accounts that you would like to get followers from. Just make sure to put a character immediately before the "@" symbol which is usually a period that most people use.

An example would be that if you would like to get more of the same followers that are following Facebook then you could send out a Tweet something like this: "Thanks .@digitalocean for providing me with the great #CustomerService that I just received!" or something along those lines.

This will be seen by Digital Ocean and all of their followers as well and with some luck you will be able to get some of those followers to follow you after seeing your Tweet.

Cheers, Dean.
Why does there need to be a period in front of @ sign?

Dean

Why does there need to be a period in front of @ sign?
Without having a period or something else in front of the "@" symbol it would just go to who you were mentioning/tagging. Having the period or something else in front of it will make sure that the Tweet is seen by not just who you were tagging but all of their followers as well. That will increase the chance that some will come and follow you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.

KeralMTG

Without having a period or something else in front of the "@" symbol it would just go to who you were mentioning/tagging. Having the period or something else in front of it will make sure that the Tweet is seen by not just who you were tagging but all of their followers as well. That will increase the chance that some will come and follow you.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.
Ok thank you. I never really looked close at tweets to see if they have a period. I will start looking closely now.

Catherine1

One thing that I think would help to get more Twitter followers would be to post things that are popular or that are trending at the time. That way people would see what is hot.

John11

If you want to increase your twitter followers, then you can use the following tips:
  1. Create an interesting bio.
  2. Upload an eye catching photo
  3. Share valuable and quality contents.
  4. Use twitter on regular basis
  5. Post frequently in your account
  6. Reply to the tweet of others
  7. Keep your posts short enough to re-tweet.
  8. Avoid too much promotion of the product
  9. Follow other people on twitter
  10. Do not use an auto-responder

ulterios

Avoid too much promotion of the product
Some good tips John. Number eight in particular is one that I see so many people making mistakes with.

It seems like many are just pushing their products or services with every Tweet and people will see that and see that there is not much value for them and not follow or respond to their Tweets.

It's ok to promote your products or services on Twitter but just don't do it with every single Tweet that you send out! ;)

John11

I agree with you Ulterios. When people try to over promote the product then the twitter users block them and the blocked person wont be able to mention or reply to the person who have blocked them. The twister users can also mute a follower. Mute allow us to remove another user from the Twitter stream without alerting the person that they have been muted.

Traveler

Always try to post the things that people you want to follow you will like. You can check their twitter page and see what things they like and then you can post things that are similar.

ulterios

Always try to post the things that people you want to follow you will like. You can check their twitter page and see what things they like and then you can post things that are similar.
Good tip! I look at the likes that some Twitter accounts have to help determine what kind of things people or businesses are interested in.

The only problem is that these days many people just use the like feature to draw people to their own Twitter account in hopes of a follow or lead. ;)

John11

Good tip! I look at the likes that some Twitter accounts have to help determine what kind of things people or businesses are interested in.

The only problem is that these days many people just use the like feature to draw people to their own Twitter account in hopes of a follow or lead. ;)

You can also create tweets about latest technology because user always prefer to read about the changes in the technologies and to know about the ongoing changes in the Tech industry.

Storm

You can also create tweets about latest technology because user always prefer to read about the changes in the technologies and to know about the ongoing changes in the Tech industry.
That is a great idea. I was reading this thread and was going to say something about tech stuff being popular and you beat me to it. People love tech and finding out about the latest stuff.

KeralMTG

I agree with you Ulterios. When people try to over promote the product then the twitter users block them and the blocked person wont be able to mention or reply to the person who have blocked them. The twister users can also mute a follower. Mute allow us to remove another user from the Twitter stream without alerting the person that they have been muted.
Thank you for sharing. I didn't know what the mute function did. I will have to use this feature myself.

Maria Marketing

One thing that should help you to get more twitter followers is to make tweets that are about things that are popular or that are trending at the time. There are more people searching for these things and that should help you get more twitter followers.

JennyJ

I would say that posting good quality tweets would really help. I see all kinds of junk tweets and that can be a big sign for me to avoid that account.

There are some ways to get more followers :
1. Follow more people. Research shows a correlation between the number of people followed and the number of followers.

2. Use a tool like Hootsuite or SproutSocial to schedule your tweets. Posting regularly will increase your engagement and visibility, thereby increasing your follower count.

3. Use Twiends to find new Twitter users you can connect with. Once you’re listed on the platform, other users with similar interests will also be able to find and follow you.

4. Optimize your Twitter bio. Users who want to find out more about you will inevitably visit your Twitter bio. Make sure it’s professional, complete and that it does a great job of representing you and your business.

5. Use links in your tweets. Tweets with links get more retweets than those without.

6. Use relevant keywords in your bio so you rank in Twitter search. Don’t forget to include your city or region name to attract local users.

7. Use relevant hashtags in your posts. Tweets with hashtags get at least 2x more engagement, and will help you attract new followers who are searching for those keywords.

8. Ask for retweets. Tweets that include “Please retweet” in their text get 4x more retweets.

9. Find people you know by uploading your email contacts to Twitter. They are likely to follow you back, especially since they know you in real life.

10. Include images with your tweets. Research suggests that tweets with images receive 18% more engagement than those without.