How can I get a bigger email list?

Traveler

My email list is pretty small and I wanted to know what is the best way to get a bigger email list for my marketing. How would you say is the best way to get a bigger email list to send your marketing offers and information to?

Dean

Usually one of the best ways to grow your email list is to offer something as a free giveaway. If you have something that would motivate people to subscribe to your email list in order for them to receive what you are offering is one of the main ways that many people will grow their email list.

If you have some kind of digital product like an ebook, report on something or another digital product that you are willing to give people in order for them to sign up would be a good option.

Everyone loves things for free so offer something as a free gift for signing up for your email subscriber list and you'll probably be able to reach your goals.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

How would you say is the best way to get a bigger email list to send your marketing offers and information to?
One of the most common ways to increase the size of your email list to to give something away for free as stated above. Find something that people would want and be willing to subscribe to your email list in order for them to get what you are offering. Then after you have something you can then promote your free giveaway on the social media websites in order to get people to check out your offer and potentially sign-up to your list. eBooks work real well for this type of thing.

You can also buy an email list but getting a good list is hard to do and I really won't recommend this method for a number of reasons that I will not get into.

Find a good digital product, offer it to people for free for subscribing, promote and market your offer then your list should start growing.

Good Luck. ;)

TCoder

There are a few ways like others have mentioned another out of the box approach will be (and this really depends on what you're offering) is to find contact information on line of people in your niche.

A lot of people publish their email addresses, because they want you to contact them. I see this all the time "If you have any information regarding XYZ or Ideas for XYZ, please contact me at <email address>

I had distributors of pet products contacting me all the time, sending me catalogs of what they wanted to sell me, etc. If I liked the offering I would contact them back.

That's what sales people do, they reach out and go after business. Whether it's through email, or walking into my store asking for the owner, etc.

Tools like Online Email Extractor that will scan for contacts within your niche and provide you back a list of locations of where they were found. I don't suggest spamming people, but investigating what's returned and deciding if you should contact these people. Tools like these can find contact information of people who might be interested in what you're offering. Using tools the right way can get you a lot of business, using them the wrong way can get you in trouble.

I seen other tools, that fill out contact forms on websites for you.

If a pet supplier found me on the web, contacted me via email, I then sold his pet food in my store and then I start ordering 5-10k a month in pet food from them. That one relationship becomes very profitable.

As an owner, I was open to bringing in new products that were good for animals, I was open to getting my credit card processing fees reduced, I was open to people offering me to advertise in local mailings.

Like all things, it really depends on what you're offering.

Traveler

One of the most common ways to increase the size of your email list to to give something away for free as stated above. Find something that people would want and be willing to subscribe to your email list in order for them to get what you are offering. Then after you have something you can then promote your free giveaway on the social media websites in order to get people to check out your offer and potentially sign-up to your list. eBooks work real well for this type of thing.

You can also buy an email list but getting a good list is hard to do and I really won't recommend this method for a number of reasons that I will not get into.

Find a good digital product, offer it to people for free for subscribing, promote and market your offer then your list should start growing.

Good Luck. ;)
I would never buy an email list for probably some of the same reasons that you are thinking. Plus, who would want to be a bought contact?

Thank you for the help.

Traveler

A lot of people publish their email addresses, because they want you to contact them. I see this all the time "If you have any information regarding XYZ or Ideas for XYZ, please contact me at <email address>
Sorry but I don't know to much about list building. How do you go about finding these people that are looking for contact? Do you just check different websites and blogs?

Sorry if this seems basic but I am still learning. Thank you for your help, I am learning new things daily. :)

ulterios

I would never buy an email list for probably some of the same reasons that you are thinking. Plus, who would want to be a bought contact?

Thank you for the help.
You are most welcome!

Bought lists are usually junk lists that a seller will pass off as good for this niche, then tells another buyer that it's good for that other niche. Most bought lists are going to have an extremely high percentage of junk emails and emails that will never be opened or get much if any good response.

Of course there are some sellers that have quality lists, so I am told, but they are harder to find than your everyday list seller.

The best thing to do ,IMO, is to build your own and create a good spreadsheet with notes that will help keep track of things. You'll get a much better response rate by building your own than you will by just buying a list from a random seller. ;)

Dean

Yes, that's usually for the best. People are more likely to respond and read your emails if they know it's from something that they signed up for. Many people will just disregard emails from sources that they don't know. Getting your own list that you built going is a better way to grow a relationship with your subscribers and that will make them more likely to read your emails and respond.

Just some of my own thoughts.

Cheers, Dean.

Traveler

Yes, that's usually for the best. People are more likely to respond and read your emails if they know it's from something that they signed up for. Many people will just disregard emails from sources that they don't know. Getting your own list that you built going is a better way to grow a relationship with your subscribers and that will make them more likely to read your emails and respond.

Just some of my own thoughts.

Cheers, Dean.
I thought it was better that way. I get junk emails all the time that I never signed up for so I think that someone sold my email before and I don't like it so I don't want to do that to other people. I have been looking for something to give away, an ebook probably, to get more subscribers. That way they signed up themself and were not just a bought name.

Maria Marketing

One thing that I think will work well is to give away something that people can not find anywhere else. Some kind of digital item that only you have available then go and market it on the social media websites. :)

Dean

One thing that I think will work well is to give away something that people can not find anywhere else.
That's a great idea Maria. Based on what I always see, people are giving away either the exact same thing or something that is extremely similar to what others are giving away.

If a person could find, make or pay someone to create something that is unique then that would probably draw a lot of good attention and should probably be a big success.

Great idea Maria!

Cheers, Dean.

Maria Marketing

That's a great idea Maria. Based on what I always see, people are giving away either the exact same thing or something that is extremely similar to what others are giving away.

If a person could find, make or pay someone to create something that is unique then that would probably draw a lot of good attention and should probably be a big success.

Great idea Maria!

Cheers, Dean.
I was just thinking that we always see the same things being given away so if you had something that nobody else had then it might attract more people to join your email list. :)

Dean

I was just thinking that we always see the same things being given away so if you had something that nobody else had then it might attract more people to join your email list. :)
That's good thinking and the easy part. Now you would just have to find something that nobody else is offering or that it's at least different enough to attract people.

Cheers, Dean.

Maria Marketing

That's good thinking and the easy part. Now you would just have to find something that nobody else is offering or that it's at least different enough to attract people.

Cheers, Dean.
I have been trying to think of an idea for this but I can't figure anything out. The social media sites might help provide an idea. :)

Dean

I have been trying to think of an idea for this but I can't figure anything out. The social media sites might help provide an idea. :)
One type of ebook that has always done very well for me are the "How-To" type ebooks. Something that helps someone do something that they want to do.

Usually ebooks that help to solve a common problem that people have do well. Other than that you can always look to see what are some popular searches in Google and get an ebook made for one of them.

Cheers, Dean.

Maria Marketing

One type of ebook that has always done very well for me are the "How-To" type ebooks. Something that helps someone do something that they want to do.

Usually ebooks that help to solve a common problem that people have do well. Other than that you can always look to see what are some popular searches in Google and get an ebook made for one of them.

Cheers, Dean.
I was actually thinking about some sort of howto ebook. I just need to find out which topics would be best for one.

Dean

I was actually thinking about some sort of howto ebook. I just need to find out which topics would be best for one.
Those are a popular item around the web. Anything that helps solve a problem that someone has is a good and popular seller usually. Finding something that isn't already out there and everywhere can prove to be a task that's not that easy though. Just do some research and I am sure that you will find something.

Cheers, Dean.

eMonetize

Thank you for the help.

Buying data and email lists can be extremely profitable. I have been doing it for over 16 years.

However, I monetize data and that is different from buying a list in a broad niche and then trying to promote a specific site or product. For example if you were to buy a MMO list and then try to sell a FB product. While the list is technically targeted, you have no idea how many are interested in an FB product and those that may be interested, you still have to sell them. This could potentially bean uphill climb and it's not what I do.

First let me say that I mainly promote Lead Generation offers. The key reason is that there is no credit card / purchase required to complete an offer. All a user has to do is fill out a short form, in order to make money. Since they don't have to pay for something, conversion rates are typically much higher than offers that require you to make a sale.

So when sending cold emails, it's going to be much easier to get someone to fill out a form, than make a purchase. Especially if what you are sending them is something that they are actually interested in.

So much of the data that I acquire is fresh / targeted data, in that I know exactly what the user is interested in and a specific lead generation offer exists that matches their interest. So for example. I will get data that the user requested information or expressed an interest in say life insurance and then I send them a life insurance offer.

While that may sound like a slam dunk, it's not, but I am at least putting the odds in my favor. Most data that you will get is no exclusive and where are you falling into the line. So there will be others that will be doing the same thing. But all you have to do is convert a small percentage and your making a good return. Plus, you own the data and can market to the users over and over at very low costs.

But the real key is to always get a sample of the data and test it, that way you will have a decent idea of how long it will likely take you to break-even. That way you are not spending a lot of money on data sources that don't perform to your standard.

The next key is to always be segmenting the openers / clickers and removing the unresponsive users. That way you are building smaller, but responsive lists. Essentially you are converting the data from quantity to quality.

Then you send other lead generation offers that are proven to be the most likely relevant to the demographic.

That's how you make money buying data / lists.

Traveler

Buying data and email lists can be extremely profitable. I have been doing it for over 16 years.

However, I monetize data and that is different from buying a list in a broad niche and then trying to promote a specific site or product. For example if you were to buy a MMO list and then try to sell a FB product. While the list is technically targeted, you have no idea how many are interested in an FB product and those that may be interested, you still have to sell them. This could potentially bean uphill climb and it's not what I do.

First let me say that I mainly promote Lead Generation offers. The key reason is that there is no credit card / purchase required to complete an offer. All a user has to do is fill out a short form, in order to make money. Since they don't have to pay for something, conversion rates are typically much higher than offers that require you to make a sale.

So when sending cold emails, it's going to be much easier to get someone to fill out a form, than make a purchase. Especially if what you are sending them is something that they are actually interested in.

So much of the data that I acquire is fresh / targeted data, in that I know exactly what the user is interested in and a specific lead generation offer exists that matches their interest. So for example. I will get data that the user requested information or expressed an interest in say life insurance and then I send them a life insurance offer.

While that may sound like a slam dunk, it's not, but I am at least putting the odds in my favor. Most data that you will get is no exclusive and where are you falling into the line. So there will be others that will be doing the same thing. But all you have to do is convert a small percentage and your making a good return. Plus, you own the data and can market to the users over and over at very low costs.

But the real key is to always get a sample of the data and test it, that way you will have a decent idea of how long it will likely take you to break-even. That way you are not spending a lot of money on data sources that don't perform to your standard.

The next key is to always be segmenting the openers / clickers and removing the unresponsive users. That way you are building smaller, but responsive lists. Essentially you are converting the data from quantity to quality.

Then you send other lead generation offers that are proven to be the most likely relevant to the demographic.

That's how you make money buying data / lists.
You seem to be very knowledgeable about these but I have one question. How can you be sure that the data and email lists you buy are good quality or if they are just junk? I mean how do you know for sure?

eMonetize

You seem to be very knowledgeable about these but I have one question. How can you be sure that the data and email lists you buy are good quality or if they are just junk? I mean how do you know for sure?

The only way to know for sure about the quality, is to actually get a sample and test it.

When you are first starting out in the business, you have to develop connections with those that can provide you with data. Sign up to CPA networks and ask your account manager if they know any reliable sources. Go to affiliate conventions and network. Etc, etc...

When I say to test the data, I am referring to the actual source of where it's coming from and not necessarily from who you are getting it from. You could hook up with a company that is developing data directly or a company that brokers data.

It is also possible to get rev-share data, which is data that has $0 upfront cost and then you send it and split the revenue generated with the list owner.

There are companies that aggregate data (usually 3rd party data) and then make it available on a rev-share basis. You can also contact companies directly and find those that are generating email data opt-in or buyers lists), but don't fully monetize it. You could offer to help and do it on a revenue sharing basis.

So you can build reliable providers of data that you can trust to not provide data that is garbage. But as I said, you still want to test each individual source of data, so you get an idea of the quality and how long it will likely take you to break-even on it.