Have you made money from buying and selling existing websites?

pcullum

Hello,

I have done some marketing offline and I am doing quite well there.

I am looking at some other ways of adding my income and I am thinking of venturing into niche websites. I did some work here but did not last very long.

My question is, have you made money from buying and selling existing sites or domains?

Would you recommend creating a site and building visitors from scratch and then selling or buying an existing site and work on improving it before selling for a profit?

Your advice would be welcome!

dezfutak

Yes, I have. But to venture and succeed in this venture, you will require time, money, skills and a lot of hard work.
You have the advantage of having started but failed therefore some form of experience.
A unique feature about such a business is that you need to be good at a particular niche in addition to being an authority on buying and selling websites.
Passion and hard work mixed with the above features will be the foundation.
The rest shall be grit and time.

Good luck!

Hello,

I have done some marketing offline and I am doing quite well there.

I am looking at some other ways of adding my income and I am thinking of venturing into niche websites. I did some work here but did not last very long.

My question is, have you made money from buying and selling existing sites or domains?

Would you recommend creating a site and building visitors from scratch and then selling or buying an existing site and work on improving it before selling for a profit?

Your advice would be welcome!

Actually, I don't have any experience with selling website or domain. However, I've push a lot of forum marketing about selling my blog. I also an active person on social media network.

I got a lot of people ask me about buying my blog. I rejected their propose because it is my the first blog that give me successful.

I want to keep it, and I love it.

I think that selling blog is the most way to make great income online, but what you have to do is to learn how to improve your website.

The most of websites that could sell and own the client are monetized blog.

Dean

Yes, I have made money doing both. I do recommend doing lots of research and investigating before jumping into this field because if you do not know what you are doing, you can lose a lot of money.

If you are creating a site for the purpose of selling then you need to find a good niche that is popular and probably will continue to be popular. That can help attract more potential buyers and fetch a higher price.

Yes, improving any site is a good idea and can help increase the potential profit amounts!

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

I have done very well buying and selling domains over the years. This is something that WAY too many people get into thinking that it's an easy way to make big money. It can be BUT you need to learn a lot before you can reach that point.

Some people spend years trying to make good money buying and selling domains but never do reach good earnings because they just buy them and list them for sale without knowing if the domain is truly worth good money.

This field takes a lot of time, research and learning to get to the point of being good at it. If someone is willing to learn and put the effort in then they can do very well. Knowledge is truly power in this field! ;)

As for websites, I have done well with them but in recent times I have switched into growing them and having residual income from them over selling them. Once they reach a certain point of success, then I will think about selling them. ;)