Email list sharing

Marcos

It seems like there are many people that think this same thing. I will probably not do it unless someone has a recommendation.
That might be a wise choice. It is a nice idea but unless you really get something worth giving up your own then it may not be best to go and do it.

Melker

This sounds very interesting. do they have any guarantees that the lists are real and not just made up?

Michael

@Traveler

If your email list is not making any money then I guess you don't have much too lose. Try it I guess and see if it helps.

I don't know enough about email marketing to know all the ups and downs of doing this.

Traveler

@Traveler

If your email list is not making any money then I guess you don't have much too lose. Try it I guess and see if it helps.

I don't know enough about email marketing to know all the ups and downs of doing this.
One of the downs might be that I am giving away a good quality email list and just get junk or fake emails in return. The more I think about it I don't think I am going to do it.

Melker

I did not see any information about any kind of guarantees. I think that you just take a chance.
I am not a fan of taking chances without knowing for sure that I will get some benefit from it so I would not do it but you have to decide if you want to take the chance.

Traveler

I am not a fan of taking chances without knowing for sure that I will get some benefit from it so I would not do it but you have to decide if you want to take the chance.
The list that I would be giving is not producing much so I was thinking that it would not be much that I would lose if I received not much in return.

Michael

One of the downs might be that I am giving away a good quality email list and just get junk or fake emails in return. The more I think about it I don't think I am going to do it.
I don't know how to tell a good email list from a bad one yet so I really would not know. I just keep reading that a good email list is what makes you the most money.

Traveler

I don't know how to tell a good email list from a bad one yet so I really would not know. I just keep reading that a good email list is what makes you the most money.
A good email list is one that produces results that you want. Usually a good list is one that was opted into by the people and not something that was automated or gained in another way.

Melker

The list that I would be giving is not producing much so I was thinking that it would not be much that I would lose if I received not much in return.
If you don't have much to lose then try it and see what happens. You might get a lucky break and get something good in return.

Traveler

If you don't have much to lose then try it and see what happens. You might get a lucky break and get something good in return.
I have a list with emails that have never produced anything so I might try that one. Nothing to lose.

Michael

A good email list is one that produces results that you want. Usually a good list is one that was opted into by the people and not something that was automated or gained in another way.
That's understandable. If I setup a blog or landing page with an email signup form then that is a good source, right?

Traveler

That's understandable. If I setup a blog or landing page with an email signup form then that is a good source, right?
Yes it can be one good way to get a good email list. You can also add a subscribe button or link on the social media websites to build a good list.

Melker

I have a list with emails that have never produced anything so I might try that one. Nothing to lose.
If they are not making you money or helping you in any way then maybe you should do it since you won't be losing anything valuable if what you get is trash.

Traveler

If they are not making you money or helping you in any way then maybe you should do it since you won't be losing anything valuable if what you get is trash.
That is what I think I will be doing and I am probably going to be doing it in a few days so I will find out if it is worth it or not.

eMonetize

Most that share data are probably sharing purchased data.

With purchased data, it's all cold. You have to clean, mail, collect opens / clickers, segment, remove unresponsive users, etc...Build smaller responsive lists out of it /convert from quantity to quality.

So if you are trading cold for cold there is no downside as long as all the data is legit.

I can't imagine sharing opt-in lists that you built yourself. Unless it is nonperforming and you don't care about it.

Michael

Yes it can be one good way to get a good email list. You can also add a subscribe button or link on the social media websites to build a good list.
I did not know you could do that on the social media sites but I will look at doing that. Thanks.