Does Google analytics affect seo?

Does Google analytics affect seo?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Storm, Dec 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Storm

Storm Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I have been finding mixed information on if having Google analytics on your website affects the seo for that website or not. Some say it does affect it and others say it doesn't. Does anyone have any information or opinions on this?

I don't know if I should use it or not worry about it.

2. Jesica123

Jesica123 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think google analytics just a analysis basis tools, you can track all information about websites in terms of website optimization.

3. vishwa

vishwa Active Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Google can't consider your analytics data as a SEO factor. This is completely false news. There is no factual reason behind it. Google analytics is only a tool to analyse your site traffic which will help you to make crucial decisions about your site performance.

4. ulterios

ulterios Global Mod

Ratings:
    +207 / 1 / -0
    This is a common myth that I have seen around the web and the forums. There are more websites that do not use Google Analytics than there are that do use it so there would be no realistic way that Google analytics could be used as a ranking factor since it would not be accurate. ;)

5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +164 / 0 / -0
    Google analytics will not directly have any kind of SEO impact itself but it can if you use some of the data and analyze it so that you can make some changes to your website that will have an SEO impact. So although it's not a direct SEO factor you can use it to make an SEO impact.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017