Database error for wordpress

webc

Often for wordpress webhosting getting a mySQL database error like "Error establishing a database connection" and cannot access the website. What could be the reason for the error

elasticcat

Often for wordpress webhosting getting a mySQL database error like "Error establishing a database connection" and cannot access the website. What could be the reason for the error
According to my experience, this error happened because you filled wrong your username/password or database name in config.php file.

One big note, don't forget to add username to database in your hosting control panel, a small thing but more people didn't forget to do before import or install new site.

Who is your current hosting provider? This could be an issue of reliability of the service.

elcidofaguy

You need change database details in wp-Config.php.

I've had that error loads of time when I was on cheap, unreliable hosting - and not once was it related to changing database details.... You would think that would be the obvious cause given the error message with establishing db connection.... Its probably related to the web server connection pooling or something on those lines...