Can I move just one website from a cpanel host to another?

Traveler

Does anyone know if I can move just one website from a host to another and they both use cpanel? I do not want the whole account moved but just one of the websites only.

Storm

Sure you can move just one website but if you are wanting a new host to do it then I don't think that many will do it for you. They usually just move everything from one account to the new account. There might be some that will but I have never seen any that said they did.

Traveler

Sure you can move just one website but if you are wanting a new host to do it then I don't think that many will do it for you. They usually just move everything from one account to the new account. There might be some that will but I have never seen any that said they did.
Thanks. That is what I though would be the case but I was unsure.

Ben

If you are talking about you moving one website yourself then that's easy to do. If you want the new host to do it then you might find that they don't do that or they charge you to do it. Hosts usually move the whole cpanel account and not individual websites.

Dean

You should be able to do it yourself and it shouldn't be too hard, depending on what the site is and was built with. Usually it's just backing up the old files and database if any and then moving them to your new cpanel account. There are a few other things that need to be done but that depends on what exactly the site is and was built with. If you give specifics about the site then I can probably be of more help.

Cheers, Dean.

jpy

I think learning how to back up files and move them could be wise considering that all hosts might not have free site migration. Anyhow, it's not very difficult as is the other stuff that internet companies charge an arm and leg for.

I don't see why they would insist on the whole thing. I mean, it's not a big deal to move one website - or even all of it for that matter.

Last edited:

Traveler

You can move it, but you need to make it confirm from your web host provider.
Which host do I ask? The one it is at or the new host?

I think learning how to back up files and move them could be wise considering that all hosts might not have free site migration. Anyhow, it's not very difficult as is the other stuff that internet companies charge an arm and leg for.
Would it be better to just do it yourself instead of having a host do it?

jpy

Would it be better to just do it yourself instead of having a host do it?

I think it would be, especially if you had to pay a fee.

You should be able to do it yourself and it shouldn't be too hard, depending on what the site is and was built with. Usually it's just backing up the old files and database if any and then moving them to your new cpanel account. There are a few other things that need to be done but that depends on what exactly the site is and was built with. If you give specifics about the site then I can probably be of more help.

Cheers, Dean.

The learning process can be a small challenge. Note, myself, I learned from a small video tutorial from a major hosting provider.