Blogspot vs Wordpress?

What do you guys here suggest which is better platform for free blog, Blogspot or Wordpress?

Do I host my blog on blogspot for traffic and Wordpress for better SEO?

Nytshade

The honest truth is that, non of them is better than the other. Yes, wordpress can be user friendly than blogger in most cases but it is not better in SEO than blogger, as much as blogger is not better than wordpress SEO-wise. Or even traffic-wise.

So I conclude this by saying, non is better than the other in terms of traffic and SEO. They're both content management systems (CMS), you're the one who has to make the CMS SEO friendly, non of them come SEO ready. If they came built-in with SEO ready features then you wouldn't need plugins for instance or even an SEO friendly theme/design for that matter.

Hope that makes sense, not only to you but to everyone else who think wordpress is better than blogspot.

cwvps

I like better WordPress. I couldn't live without Yoast and it is very easy to upgrade to the platform. It also looks much more appealing than Blogger to me.

VPServer

Its also depend on person skill.

If you are a new, know nothing then blogger is best for you (First time I was use blooger), If you can afford then blooger is still best and for advance user wordpress is good because of you will get full control on your website.

Argus

Blogspot gets better traffic than wordpress website?
I didn't see this anywhere in searching.

Dean

What do you guys here suggest which is better platform for free blog, Blogspot or Wordpress?
If you are going to use one of the free platforms for blogging then I would suggest Wordpress. Based on my experiences I prefer Wordpress over Blogspot (Blogger) because it's easier to get a better looking blog with Wordpress than with blogspot. Looks can have a big impact on the success of a blog and they should not be overlooked.

I also like the ease of doing things on Wordpress better and that is in part to my being familiar with it more due to using it for several of my sites.

There are many other reasons I prefer wordpress, but these are a couple of the more important ones for me.

Cheers, Dean.

ulterios

Personally I prefer Wordpress for a free blog/site choice. I use self-hosted Wordpress on many of my websites and blogs, so I am very familiar with it and know how to do what I want it to do.

I just like the customization and abilities of Wordpress free (.com) better, so if I ever need a free solution then that is my choice between these two options. ;)