Between Skype and Yahoo! Messenger, Which one do you prefer?

robertdn

Hello,

Which of the two between Yahoo! Messenger and Skype would you recommend and prefer?
For me, I switched from Yahoo Yahoo! Messenger to Skype, it's really convenient and it seems to be a trend of users
what about you? please share your thought

Thanks
Mantez

scrunchie

My personal preference would be Yahoo! Messenger because I would not need to install any software to work with it. All I need is to activate it and I am ready to communicate with my customers and friends.

However, Skype is the most popular world wide which means it is the option of choice. Its difficulty for me lies in that you have to install it and it is Internet Explorer related which I am not comfortable with.

aaron kev

I found skype as more useful cause sending/receiving files over there is much quicker than anything else. Sending SEO reports to my clients is more easy on that.

Allenafaith

I still use YM I don't have a skype and I'm not really interested in Skype.
Yahoo Messenger does the same thing I could use skype for and you don't have to download it either.
As long as I can IM and talk about things that are important with other people I don't really care what it is.

MidnightAngel

Me personally, I prefer yahoo messenger, but haven't really done much with Skype. It came installed on my new computer, but I've never really worked with it. I do hear a lot of people like it and it is great to have.

SilentThief

I enjoy Skype a lot better as it is really fast and kept up to date. The design in itself is also very clean. The service is also extremely reliable.