A little lost with social media

Tokyothekid

I've done various types of marketing for a few years now. I've done video marketing for over 2 years, and have been in the real estate industry for the last couple of years.

I'm confused about how to go about social media marketing. My marketing director (only 2 years of experience in marketing) demands that our social media for each of our brands needs to attract thousands of people each month which will result in more sales. Only problem is that we hired a social media company where they never come up with original content for us, and always request new pieces of marketing flyers I have created so that they can post it for us.

I haven't really learned much about social media and have been trying to follow other companies ideas. What are some tips for great social media? Just seems like we spew out as much as we can without seeing any results.

Catherine1

well one thing that helps with social media marketing is to share things that people are interested in and that will catch their attention. You can not just post up a bunch of junk and expect it to be popular and help your marketing. You have to give people something that they want, need or would find some value in.

I've done various types of marketing for a few years now. I've done video marketing for over 2 years, and have been in the real estate industry for the last couple of years.

I'm confused about how to go about social media marketing. My marketing director (only 2 years of experience in marketing) demands that our social media for each of our brands needs to attract thousands of people each month which will result in more sales. Only problem is that we hired a social media company where they never come up with original content for us, and always request new pieces of marketing flyers I have created so that they can post it for us.

I haven't really learned much about social media and have been trying to follow other companies ideas. What are some tips for great social media? Just seems like we spew out as much as we can without seeing any results.

Try to understand the mindset of your audience. Modify the post based on the day, as post reach may depend on the day you are sharing.

ulterios

Probably the best thing to do to help you out would be to read and learn as much as you can about social media marketing.

You can find lots of good threads with helpful information here:
https://www.internetmarketingstar.com/forums/social-media.6/

Just find a thread with a title that has something about what you are looking to learn then go and read the posts. If you are not finding answers to specific questions then just post a thread in that section and some of our members will surely provide you with the information that you want.

Social media marketing isn't real hard to learn but it does require you to read about it if you are not familiar with it.

Good luck. ;)

Dean

One thing that you should do is to read and research as much as you can on social media marketing and that will help to give you some of the general ideas as to how to go about doing it.

Another good thing is that while you are reading up on the subject and you happen to have a question that you can't find an answer for then post up a question here and someone can help you find the right answer that you seek. Asking questions is one of the best ways to learn. :D

Dean

Thanks for the replies everyone! Great help.
You are welcome and if you have any questions that you need answers for then you can come back here and post a thread and we'll be happy to help you.