Windows or Linux hosting for SEO?

Maria Marketing

Someone told me earlier today that windows web hosting is better for SEO and that websites that use it will get better results in the search sites than Linux web hosting. Is this true?

I looked in Bing and Google and did not find any information about this.

KeralMTG

I never saw anything on seo but someone told me that windows hosting websites load faster. I am trying to see if that is true. If they do load faster then maybe that could give better seo results.

vishwa

Both linux and windows hosting have good SEO score. This is completely false information. SEO cannot be consider on the servers where site is hosted. I am using linux and I don't have any issues with my site SEO. I find linux servers easy to manage compare to windows. So, it depends on webmasters which hosting server they want to use.

ulterios

The type of web hosting that you use for your website or blog is not a ranking factor for Google, Bing and the rest of the search engines.

There are more web hosting services that offer Linux hosting than there are that offer Windows web hosting and Windows hosting is usually higher in price from what I have seen.

I would just go with whatever type you want. Personally I prefer Linux. ;)

Dean

Personally I prefer Linux web hosting but it has nothing to do with any SEO aspect. I agree with @vishwa that the hosting type or what the servers run on is not something that is figured into and SEO or ranking factors.

david smith

SEO of the website depends on the On page and off page SEO activities done by the webmaster of the site. Thus if the hosting on which the website is hosted whether Linux or Windows hosting will not play a significant role in SEO. If the hosting specification of the server is good, then resource utilisation will be better.

Smith-K

The type of web hosting that you use for your website or blog is not a ranking factor for Google, Bing and the rest of the search engines.

There are more web hosting services that offer Linux hosting than there are that offer Windows web hosting and Windows hosting is usually higher in price from what I have seen.

I would just go with whatever type you want. Personally I prefer Linux. ;)

My thoughts exactly...never really faced any issues with the type of hosting being used. It all depends on how you optimize your site for search engines. Just make sure that you stick with a reputable host.