Why keywords are so much important in SEO?

batpool525

Can any one tell me why keywords are so much important in SEO? Can i write freely and still think of getting traffic? Although presently I am running a wordpress tutorial blog, but looking to start my personal blog, but wondering whether it will be success or not?

PTTed

Keywords are only really important if you are trying to target a certain search phrase using SEO so that you rank as high as possible for that specific search phrase.

If you ignore keywords completely, chances are you will produce a much higher quality website than you otherwise would.

When I first started out online I would focus a lot on keyword research and creating pages that targeted certain carefully chosen keywords. As I gained more experience I began realizing that I didn't really need to do that much at all. Now with new websites that I launch, I will typically target certain phrases with only a handful of pages at the most. The rest of the pages are written while completely disregarding keyword research.

My advice is to keep producing content that you think people will want to visit. Don't worry about keywords except maybe with your homepage. Once your site is well established, you can then focus on producing a handful of keyword targeted posts and focus on getting them to rank well.

Unless you have a decent amount of SEO experience, which it doesn't sound like you do, then I wouldn't bother worrying too much about chasing certain keywords. When you first start out (like the first 6 months or more) your blog will get very little traffic regardless of whether you target certain keywords or not. Just keep plugging away at it for a while and keep learning as you go.

Reactions: ims

Rajiv Singhi

Can any one tell me why keywords are so much important in SEO? Can i write freely and still think of getting traffic? Although presently I am running a wordpress tutorial blog, but looking to start my personal blog, but wondering whether it will be success or not?
Yes keywords are important part of SEO and if you need to get website or blog visible with certain key phase the you need to add pr find out best keywords. It helps to tell Google what type of your website and what you are providing...

Thanks

Will Smith

Keywords are the first thing that you should know & learn about when start to optimize your blog SEO. If you fail on this very first step, the road ahead is very bumpy and most likely you will only waste your time and money. Imagine that your site have rich content, provides really helpful information for customers, but no one visit it, how can you earn money?
People now all seek their needs by search engine instead of visit a specific page, so optimize your content for high ranking is important now. If your keywords rank high, there will be higher probability customers will see and visit your site.
My advice when you write a blog post is that: Just pick up a relevant topic and write the post freely. After you finish, determine the keyword and find ways to put it in your post. Based on my experience, 4% in total words of your post are keyword is fine.
Hope this helps.
Best,
Will Smith.

Hrishi Vardhan

To rank faster and to get more search engine traffic you must have to optimize keywords for website or blog. You have to find those keywords for which your website or blog posts are ranking on search engine. Users on search engine always find services by typing keywords or keyword phrase. That is why optimizing keywords are more important in SEO.

Keywords plays a great role in SEO because if your content have keywords, it will rank better on search engines (on the basis of keywords) and then will drive traffic to your website. Internet user usually types keyword to look for the answers on query box. This is why keywords are important. Also they describe the content of your website that what is the website about? They must be embed in HTML codes.

Dean

Keywords are very important to the success of your website. They help to tell the search engines what your website is about and what the content is about on your web pages.

Keywords found around your website tell the search engines many things and what information is on your website so that they know where to rank your website in their search results.

Cheers, Dean.

Dean

Choosing the right keywords to optimize for is thus the first and most crucial step to a successful SEO campaign.
What is a good way to find the right keywords to optimize for?

Cheers, Dean.