Which (old) SEO methods should I ditch - and why?

lothifa

Some say that SEO is all about content. Some say it's all about links.
I'm pretty sure that both are still pretty important.
However... every time people ask how to go about it, they are told to submit to search engines, have lots of meta keywords, update their submit to search engines, have lots of meta keywords, update their websites daily, etc etc
I just wanted to ask
Which SEO tricks that were valid in -- say -- 2003 are no longer useful now?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wrig Mark

Some say that SEO is all about content. Some say it's all about links.
I'm pretty sure that both are still pretty important.
However... every time people ask how to go about it, they are told to submit to search engines, have lots of meta keywords, update their submit to search engines, have lots of meta keywords, update their websites daily, etc etc
I just wanted to ask
Which SEO tricks that were valid in -- say -- 2003 are no longer useful now?
Yes you're absolutely right! Both links & content are important in SEO now. But the word "SPAM" does not exist now; always think as you're unique but having competitors, do you helping peoples or not. It's not necessary to implement the website from SEO first step to last step as different website needs different promotion strategy.

It's good to submit to search engines for indexing, but we have webmaster tools options & both xml & html sitemap facilities to do this task easily. But for SEO Tricks, l'd say submit your site in valuable websites means, niche & thematic, participate forums with following forum rules, share your ideas by article or blog contents, and also get traffic by the way of sharing business related images and videos added with Social Media Marketing & PPC Ads.

Hope it will help you!

Thanks,
Wrig Mark