Where do you get your ebooks to sell?

Traveler

I have been looking around and see everyone seems to be selling ebooks these days. Where do people get the ebooks to sell? They can't all be written by the people selling them I think. If I wanted to market and sell some ebooks where would be the best place to look for them to purchase for resale?

I do not want to write any myself since I do not think that I would be able to write one well enough.

ulterios

I have been looking around and see everyone seems to be selling ebooks these days. Where do people get the ebooks to sell?
Yes it does seem like everyone is selling (or giving away) eBooks these days. That's because they are easy to get to the buyer because it's a digital product.

There are many places that people get them. Some will actually write them, some will have them created for them using some kind of service, some by PLR eBooks as well as many other places that you can find around the web that have them.

If I wanted to market and sell some ebooks where would be the best place to look for them to purchase for resale?
It depends on the types of eBooks that you are wanting to sell. You can become an affiliate for eBook sellers like ebooks.com or similar sites, get a freelancer to write one for you or also buy them at a PLR site on the web. It all depends on the types of eBooks and what you are looking to do.

Dean

I have been looking around and see everyone seems to be selling ebooks these days. Where do people get the ebooks to sell? They can't all be written by the people selling them I think. If I wanted to market and sell some ebooks where would be the best place to look for them to purchase for resale?

I do not want to write any myself since I do not think that I would be able to write one well enough.
Are you wanting to just sell ebooks in general? Things like knowledge or education related, novels or something along these lines? If this is the case then there are a few affiliate programs that I could point out.

If you are just looking for something that is kind of a "Make Money" or "How-to" type of book then maybe some PLR/MRR ebooks would be a good choice.

Let us know a little more and we can help you with some more information to achieve what you are wanting to do.

Cheers, Dean.

Traveler

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am basically just looking to sell books that are either how-to type books or that will solve some kind of problem that people have. I am looking for ebooks that are about in demand topics for the most part.

ulterios

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am basically just looking to sell books that are either how-to type books or that will solve some kind of problem that people have. I am looking for ebooks that are about in demand topics for the most part.
Sounds like you might be looking for something along the lines of some PLR or MRR eBooks. You can try doing a Google search for something like "PLR ebooks" and you should find some sites that have something that should fit your needs.

Traveler

Sounds like you might be looking for something along the lines of some PLR or MRR eBooks. You can try doing a Google search for something like "PLR ebooks" and you should find some sites that have something that should fit your needs.
Is there something that I should look for when looking at these types of books? These are just not something that I know much about.

ulterios

Is there something that I should look for when looking at these types of books? These are just not something that I know much about.
The first thing that I would look at are the dates that they were made. A whole lot of these types of books are very out of date. I would also look at the spelling and grammar because there are many that were written very poorly and that will reflect on you selling them.

Other than that see if you can see some samples and maybe also check the resell right for them. They are not all the same as far as rights. See what you are allowed to do and what you aren't.

These are the main things that I would look at. Good luck. ;)

Traveler

The first thing that I would look at are the dates that they were made. A whole lot of these types of books are very out of date. I would also look at the spelling and grammar because there are many that were written very poorly and that will reflect on you selling them.

Other than that see if you can see some samples and maybe also check the resell right for them. They are not all the same as far as rights. See what you are allowed to do and what you aren't.

These are the main things that I would look at. Good luck. ;)
Thanks for the tips. I did notice that a couple had publish dates of about 4 or 5 years ago. I guess that most people will want newer info.

ulterios

Thanks for the tips. I did notice that a couple had publish dates of about 4 or 5 years ago. I guess that most people will want newer info.
Most people like the information to be what they think is current, maybe a couple years give or take, depending on the topic. when I was looking at some of these a while back I noticed that most of them are not very recent.

With some topics age of the information makes a big difference, like with SEO for example. Other topics like say cooking really are not time set so the dates do not matter as much. It is all going to depend on the subject matter of the eBook itself.

Traveler

Most people like the information to be what they think is current, maybe a couple years give or take, depending on the topic. when I was looking at some of these a while back I noticed that most of them are not very recent.

With some topics age of the information makes a big difference, like with SEO for example. Other topics like say cooking really are not time set so the dates do not matter as much. It is all going to depend on the subject matter of the eBook itself.
I was looking at some today that were between 1 to 2 years old. I'm still looking another places so I will make sure to look at the dates of their publishing. Thanks

Ben

There are plenty of places to buy ebooks but it might be better to write them yourself or pay a freelancer to write them for you. That way you will know that they are unique and yours alone to sell.

Traveler

There are plenty of places to buy ebooks but it might be better to write them yourself or pay a freelancer to write them for you. That way you will know that they are unique and yours alone to sell.
I was thinking about getting someone to do it for me since my writing skills need improvement. I just have not done too much checking into it yet.

matteomatt

As far as a place to find resold e-books there are a few different options. There are cheap writing services out there, and any of these can be found on some of the other forums, just google internet marketing forums.

They might even have some here who knows. They can write it for you. However, if you literally just want cheap e-books, you can go on these same forums like blackhatworld is just an example although some of it is shadier.

Places like that sometimes have files with hundreds of e-books, for free or really cheap. I bet they are bad quality, but if you search up from there you could probably find some that are higher quality.

Ben

I was thinking about getting someone to do it for me since my writing skills need improvement. I just have not done too much checking into it yet.
Sounds good to me. I can't write very well myself so I would think about paying someone to do it for me too.

Traveler

As far as a place to find resold e-books there are a few different options. There are cheap writing services out there, and any of these can be found on some of the other forums, just google internet marketing forums.

They might even have some here who knows. They can write it for you. However, if you literally just want cheap e-books, you can go on these same forums like blackhatworld is just an example although some of it is shadier.

Places like that sometimes have files with hundreds of e-books, for free or really cheap. I bet they are bad quality, but if you search up from there you could probably find some that are higher quality.
Do you mean just post in the forums that you want someone to write ebooks for you or do you mean just look to see what is listed for sale?

Ben

Do you mean just post in the forums that you want someone to write ebooks for you or do you mean just look to see what is listed for sale?
I don't know which one that member is talking about but I think they were talking about posting something about what you are wanting and seeing if other members will do it. Not sure though.

Traveler

I don't know which one that member is talking about but I think they were talking about posting something about what you are wanting and seeing if other members will do it. Not sure though.
I saw some people on fiver that do this service so I think I might try it out. It's cheap so if they are not any good then it's no big loss.

Ben

I saw some people on fiver that do this service so I think I might try it out. It's cheap so if they are not any good then it's no big loss.
I was thinking about using someone on fiver also but I just don't know much about that site and the quality of work. If you try it then please let me know how it works out.

Traveler

I was thinking about using someone on fiver also but I just don't know much about that site and the quality of work. If you try it then please let me know how it works out.
If you are paying just 5 dollars then you can't expect too much. I would just expect mediocre at best for that price.