Where did you buy your domain name?

robertdn

Hi IM stars,

I know some good places to buy domains, such as godaddy, name or name cheap..etc, but what makes them different?

If I am going to buy a domain name, which the best provider to choose? and how do we know it is good domain registrar or not?

My question is referring to domain name only, not include the hosting service.

Thanks for your help.

JasonEden

Goddady is the best. And right now, you can grab a .com domain name for just $1.99 by using this code: CODER199 at checkout. This code are for new .com registrations only, and allow one use per customer.
Hope this helps :)

I buy my domain name with my hosting provider as they give it free with a purchase. My hosting is SiteGround and they are quite good, no downtime so far.

ulterios

I have used many, many registrars over the years and out of all of them I would pick Namecheap as the best. They have the best customer service and their prices are good and consistent.

After that then Namesilo is probably my second choice. They have the cheapest rates across the board overall when you factor in renewal rates along with registration rates.

GoDaddy is not bad but it is annoying that every time I have to call customer support they make a big pressured push to sell something else to me. Once in a while, I understand. This happens every time though. Plus their renewal rates are among the highest with the top domain registrars.

So, personally Namecheap is my go-to registrar of choice. ;)

Dean

Namecheap and Godaddy are both good choices depending on what exactly your specific needs are. Namecheap has good prices and specials across the board and they are better than Godaddy for their renewal prices.

Godaddy has coupon codes that you can use to save on the 1st year of a domain registration but the following years they are notably higher than many of the top registrars. They do offer phone support in many locations which is really nice if you are new to domains or need an answer to something right away and don't want to use live chat.

Namecheap has better overall pricing than Godaddy (with the exception of 1st year 1 time codes) and has much better support but you will need to get that support through live chat or tickets. They do have some extremely quick ticket support and I personally have never had to wait long for any help I needed.

I would go with Namecheap myself but if there is someone new to domains and related services then maybe Godaddy with their phone support might be better.

Cheers, Dean.

i will choose buying domain on namecheap , because
When buying or transferring domain names to NameCheap, you will receive the following special offers:
A one-year fee for the WhoisGuard (domain owner information security) service is $ 2.88. In the following years, if you want to continue using this service, you can use "WGSPECIAL" coupon to buy it for $ 0.99 / year. This is an extremely cheap price when compared to other domain name providers.
PositiveSSL is available for only $ 1.99 for the first year.
Free to use NameCheap's FreeDNS service.
For new domain registration, you will be using free new uptime tracking service launched by NameCheap.
This is a reputable supplier with 15 years of experience (2001 - 2015) active in this field.
Domain names are quite cheap and are offered with many attractive offers. Especially on big promotion occasions, such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday, you can register or transfer domain names on CheapCheap for cheap ... as for ($ 0.98 only).
Domain administration interface is quite simple but fully functional and easy to use. DNS updates very fast.
Transferring domain names through other providers is easy, quick and easy.
Customer support 24/7. In fact, NameCheap supports ticketing very quickly, their refund policy is very reputable and timely.