What is the role of RSS in SEO?

Glenn Kilpatric

Hey Guys,
I have seen so many websites showing the logo of RSS on their sites, but I don’t know how does it work and does it have any benefits for search engine optimization?
Please tell me what is RSS and what is the role of RSS in seo

Mark007

RSS is just real time syndication for your blog or website. You can use your website traffic to subscribe to RSS to get instant updates to your blog in their mail inbox. RSS can also be used for submission in RSS submission websites to build backlinks for your website, but they are not much of a value in search engines.

RSS is a widely used format of web feeds used for content syndication. It is amongst others used to spread news and new posts on a blog. Users subscribe to RSS feeds to follow interesting information from all around the web. RSS feeds use a standardised XML file format to publish information. Users can subscribe to the feeds with many different RSS readers like Google Reader or Bloglines but Microsoft Outlook, for example, also supports RSS feeds. They can also add feeds to their browser home page. It is a very good way to spread your information to your audience and therefore a great tool for SEO.

An RSS feed consists of a part that describes the main information of the feed, like title, website and webmaster, followed by a list of items. An item can represent a news item, a blog post, a new vacancy, an upcoming event, basically everything you want.For each item some basic information can be specified:

selenagomez1

RSS is real time syndication for your blog or website. RSS will help other people to get what your new posts via email or bookmarking menu on your browser. This is one of the great ways to help your site to gain much traffic.

david smith

The benefits of using RSS Feeds are:

New audiences can be reached via syndication.
Regulation of content is possible for the users.
This method can help scan faster through the content.
It is another way to communicate with the potential customers or the clients.