What is the difference between a squeeze page and a landing page?

JPaston

Hi,

What is the difference between a squeeze page and a landing page?

and which One should I use? why?

TheBigBee

As I knew then a squeeze page is a landing page that designed to capture opt-in email addresses from potential subscribers and coverting them into potential customers via using email marketing services like mailchimp, aweber or getresponse.

So, a squeeze page and a landing page are the same function?

elcidofaguy

A squeeze page has the aim of achieving one outcome ONLY which could be a purchase or an optin with no other action but for the user to leave should they decide not to take you up on your offer... Typical ones are newsletter signup in exchange for a bonus or long sales letters...

A landing page is in reference to the page which the user lands on when clicking on a link... For example you might have multiple ads and each ad has a different landing page as part of split testing... Or how about different landing pages as part of a sales funnel i.e upsell, downsell... A landing page can also be a squeeze page... it can also be any other page/post that you want to be... The term landing page is a contextual reference when discussing traffic flow when clicking links or referring traffic to another location....