What is the best place to put backlinks on other websites?

I am going to buy a link on a website (PR4, Alexa < 100K, Good DA, PA) , I want to know where I should put my link on their site? top navigation, sidebar, site wide footer or in a post?

Thanks

Mark007

If possible you can get a side-wide or a blogroll link. This will help to get the most valuable and link juice from all the webpages of the website.

PTTed

I am going to buy a link on a website (PR4, Alexa < 100K, Good DA, PA) , I want to know where I should put my link on their site? top navigation, sidebar, site wide footer or in a post?

If you are getting this link for SEO purposes, then get a link from inside a blog post as high up in that blog post as possible, preferably above any other links in that post.

If this website is definitely trustworthy (which it probably isn't if it is selling links) and directly relevant to your website and you think that you can make the link look natural, then go ahead and get a sidebar link. And, if you are getting a sidebar link, do not use anchor text that you want to rank for. Just use a bare URL for your website or your domain name itself to create the link.

If the site isn't directly related to your website or if the site doesn't appear 100% trustworthy (do they link to irrelevant sites, do they link to any spam sites at all, is the content on the site top notch or not) then my advice would be DO NOT get a sidebar link or any site-wide link at all. If you do then you are very likely to get your website demoted in Google at some point. It will work great for you for a short while and it will seem like it was worth it. Then whammo! One day (probably a few months from now) that page gets blasted from Google into the abyss.

I stick with the safe links that appear more natural = contextual links from inside blog posts where someone is talking about something relevant to the page on my site that gets linked to.