What is Black Hat SEO?

Danielsmith12

I am very newbie in SEO industry.I have to know more about SEO,because I am currently working with college essay writing service.During the reading of the material, I heard about the Black Hat SEO.But there is no enough explanation about this. Give a proper explanation for me.
Thank's in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

KikoLyne

Simply explain: it looks like a SEO method that hurt your site rankings on search engine results. Some SEO people used it as a trick to increase their site rankings faster but it also make their sites penalized or disappeared on Google search.

Dean

Another way to look at it is that black hat SEO are SEO methods and techniques that you use to gain an SEO advantage in the search engines that they do not want you to do.

The search engines have certain things that they accept called white hat SEO and the things they don't like that they call black hat SEO.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dean.

KeralMTG

Black hat seo are the things that you can do that are going against the rules that google and other search websites want you to do. They think it is cheating so they do not like it at all.

John11

Black hat seo are the techniques that are used by some websites to increase the page rank, but these techniques are considered illegal by the searching engines and if google finds that your website is using black hat seo to increase thr page rank then google give a penalty to your websites. Google penalties can result in the drop of rankings for every page of a site, for a specific keyword, or for a specific page. The drop in the website rank also drop the website traffic.
There are many black hat seo techniques but the most famous ones are mentioned below:
  1. Paid links
  2. Keyword Stuffing Cloaking
  3. Doorway Pages or Gateway Pages
  4. Duplicate Content or Mirror Site
  5. Blog Spam or Comment Spam

ulterios

Black hat SEO are SEO practices that the search engine sites don't want you to do because it can play with their ranking algorithms and gain an unfair advantage in their minds. ;)

Rick Peterson

Black Hat SEO contains all such techniques used in the process of search engine optimization that are banned or considered "negative" in that field. By using these techniques, you can boost ranking your ranking on temporary basis but when Google or other search engine realize it, your website is immediately got penalized and all ranking is vanished.

Black Hat SEO definition: Black hat SEO is a practice that increases a page's rank in search engines through means that violate the search engines' terms of service. The term "black hat" originated in Western movies to distinguish the "bad guys" from the "good guys," who wore white hats (see white hat SEO). Recently, it's used more commonly to describe computer hackers, virus creators, and those who perform unethical actions with computers.
Black Hat SEO Tactics
  • Content Automation
  • Doorway Pages
  • Hidden Text or Links
  • Keyword Stuffing
  • Reporting a Competitor
  • Sneaky Redirects
  • Cloaking
More reference: https://www.quora.com/What-is-black-hat-seo-1

KeralMTG

Black Hat SEO definition: Black hat SEO is a practice that increases a page's rank in search engines through means that violate the search engines' terms of service. The term "black hat" originated in Western movies to distinguish the "bad guys" from the "good guys," who wore white hats (see white hat SEO). Recently, it's used more commonly to describe computer hackers, virus creators, and those who perform unethical actions with computers.
Black Hat SEO Tactics
  • Content Automation
  • Doorway Pages
  • Hidden Text or Links
  • Keyword Stuffing
  • Reporting a Competitor
  • Sneaky Redirects
  • Cloaking
More reference: https://www.quora.com/What-is-black-hat-seo-1
Black Hat SEO
  • Doorway Pages
  • Hidden text
  • Keyword stuffing
  • cloaking
What are Doorway Pages? I never saw this term before.

Black hat SEO refers to a set of practices that are used to improve a site or page's rank in search engines through means that infringe the search engines' terms of service. The term "black hat" originated in Western movies to distinguish the "bad guys" from the "good guys," who wore white hats (see white hat SEO). Recently, it's used more usually to describe computer hackers, virus creators, and those who perform unethical actions with computers.