What happened with vbulletin?

NickMann

I am going to start a new niche forum and as I know vbulletin and xenforo are popular forum software today

But I am hearing people moving to xenforo, I want to know happened that and why vB lose their market share?

what do you guys think?

ulterios

A lot of people are choosing to go with XenForo because of several reasons. Pricing is one of them as well as features, customer support and several other reasons.

XenForo was actually created by a couple of developers that were part of vBulletin. vBulletin is losing some of it's market share to XenForo over the last couple of years.

I have used both of these softwares from different roles and I have to say that they are both good and both are good at some things that the other isn't. It would really come down to preference, pricing and support needs for the user of the software to decide which they like and which would fit their needs best.

I personally prefer XenForo, but I would be happy having a forum built with either.

Dean

vBulletin started loosing a lot of customers/users when they came out with vBulletin 5. They changed up things too much with version 5 and a lot of people didn't like that. Plus, xenForo has been making improvements with their software and they have kept their pricing down below their main competiotion and that has been a big factor in vB losing customers/users. Plus xenForo has a reputation for great support for it's customers where vB doesn't have the same quality of support.

All of this has contributed to the loss of users of vB.

Cheers, Dean.