What do you use to email end users?

ulterios

ulterios,
Thanks for the quality response, you rock. I have one questions to start off, what do you use to email end users? I decided to pay for domaniq and it gives you the option of exporting a spreadsheet of emails of domains related to the one you own. Most of the emails show and when there is a privacy lock, you can look at the WHOIS history and likely find the email, very useful. Anyway, regarding my question, do you simply use your own email or something like mailchimp or benchmarkemail? I like how it shows you what percentage of recipients opened the email.
-sustainSpace
You are most welcome my friend.

As far as emailing end users, I don't send out mass emails. That has never really paid off for me. I find high potential possible buyers and send an email that I write just for that person/company. I include as much information as I think will help inform the potential buyer understand why what I am offering would be good for them. I like to be more personal and that has always paid off better.

I changed the way I market my domains and shoot for the higher dollar (less work) deals opposed to the lower dollar mass sales. It's just easier to have to deal with a few, rather than many. When you are sending for emails to end users, they can tell that you are not specifically talking to them and it lowers the responses.

However, if you were looking to send mass emails, there are some scripts on codecanyon that look promising. If you set up your own script on your own domain, you can have more control of the mailings and all aspects of them. That's the way I would do it.

I always like to be personal on my approaches with emails. Showing a more personal side can really help many times. It's just a preference. ;)

Take care my friend and I hope this helps. ;)

sustainSpace

The basic format of my email that I sent out, changed it from from my mass email for cleat.io
I agree with looking for less endusers with higher potential interest and adding personalization and perhaps more information. For instance if the domain is not in auction, describe why the domain would be a valuable purchase.

"Greetings,

My name is Daniel Simon and I am the Registrant and Administrative contact for ComputerStore.io, which is currently in auction on Flippa. Your domain featured strongly when searching for "computerstore" and I believe the domain name would form a useful addition to your business and/or portfolio. Simply visit the domain and it will send you straight to the auction.

Best regards,
Daniel Simon"​

Next, I'm emailing myesig.com in regards to esig.me, but first I want/need to develop a main site FEZ.io is up there. I was also thinking of developing x.recipes, partly as a script based informational site (I was reading JS and jQuery by Duckett and he kept referring to recipes, "think of a javascript code like a recipe"), but FEZ.io hasn't lost it's appeal. First thing is to start writing that code!

ulterios

The basic format of my email that I sent out, changed it from from my mass email for cleat.io
I agree with looking for less endusers with higher potential interest and adding personalization and perhaps more information. For instance if the domain is not in auction, describe why the domain would be a valuable purchase.

"Greetings,

My name is Daniel Simon and I am the Registrant and Administrative contact for ComputerStore.io, which is currently in auction on Flippa. Your domain featured strongly when searching for "computerstore" and I believe the domain name would form a useful addition to your business and/or portfolio. Simply visit the domain and it will send you straight to the auction.

Best regards,
Daniel Simon"​
Looks nice and professional. The only thing that I like to do is actually mention their domain instead of saying just ""You domain" because it looks more generic. If you mention the name itself then it would look less like a form email.

I also like to mention that I am the owner, because sometimes when dealing with people who don't know much about domains, they might not know for sure that the "Registrant" is the owner/rights holder. It can, to those who don't know better, look like you are just selling it for someone else. It's just something that I like to do. ;)

Next, I'm emailing myesig.com in regards to esig.me, but first I want/need to develop a main site FEZ.io is up there. I was also thinking of developing x.recipes, partly as a script based informational site (I was reading JS and jQuery by Duckett and he kept referring to recipes, "think of a javascript code like a recipe"), but FEZ.io hasn't lost it's appeal. First thing is to start writing that code!
When you get fez.io completed, make sure to post it up for us to check it out. :)

P.S. I am going to move this to it's own separate thread/discussion so we can perhaps get more responses to help share ideas.

Dean

Most of the emails show and when there is a privacy lock, you can look at the WHOIS history and likely find the email, very useful.
I have tried this method myself and a lot of the email addresses that you actually find are that of the previous domain owner. Very few have turned out to be the current owner of the domain based on my own personal experience and that of some fellow domainers I deal with.

What happens a lot of times is that the previous owner sold the domain and the new owner paid for the private registration at the time of transfer/purchase and their information was never available. So, you wind up emailing the previous owner instead of the actual current owner. As long as you are not bulk sending emails then sending to the whois privacy email will go through most of the time unless the email address that you are sending from is marked as a known spammer.

A lot of people want domain privacy eliminated, even governments. That can mean a lot of things changing if it ever happens.

Cheers, Dean