Weebly vs Wix

MidnightAngel

So, I've started designing a web site for freelancing at Wix dot com, but someone at work told me about Weebly dot com. I began exploring there as well just out of curiosity, and it looked pretty good too. I know I need a domain name because it would be better, but for now I'm having to go with free.

Have any of you ever visited or checked out either of those site? What do you think of them?

cwvps

I've checked both Wix and Weebly, but I prefer and I chose WordPress. It has great support, great features and an excellent SEO tool which is already integrated into this free version of it. WordPress.com also has some great free themes. Also, one day when you decide to move further and get yourself a domain name, the transfer to WordPress.org will be very easy.

I personally don't understand why some would utilize sitebuilder platforms such as Weebly or Wix.. By selecting hosting from a proper provider and installing Wordpress using a 1-Click Installer as most providers will offer, not only will you be able to present yourself with a higher level of professionalism but you will also be able to have more freedom in regards to customization and branding of your company website.

unixguru

Using either product would be good for you to start, you if you are looking to add functionality and more content going forward you may find yourself switching to Wordpress or another CMS.

So have a good think about how difficult it would be to move that data to Wordpress/Another CMS at a later date, and work out whether you would be better doing that now whilst your site is small.

Wordpress.com lets you have a free site, and when you are ready you can find a host to run your wordpress.org installation for you!

hmb-robert

You can always install many scripts in a single click from your hosting account panel. I will suggest you to use inbuild scripts rather than using any free site builder.

Dean

I've used both of these in the past, although it's been quite a while, but I preferred Weebly over Wix. When I was using them, Weebly was easier to create the type of site I was trying to create over Wix. I also liked the design templates that Weebly had over Wix. Not that the ones on Wix are bad, but they just didn't have something that was a good fit for what I was creating.

Overall, I guess it might just be a preference thing though!

Cheers, Dean

Maria Marketing

I have used both weebly and wix in the past a while back and if I had to choose one over the other I would choose weebly. It was just easier for me to use and wix was a bit more difficult than weebly.

:)

ulterios

Between the two of these, if I had to pick one it would be Weebly. I have used both but it has been a couple of years. I used to use them for odds and ends things and always liked Weebly better.

Everything was a lot easier to setup and make changes on Weebly and their options were better than Wix had at that time. Unless anything major has changed, I would choose Weebly if I needed some kind of service like this.

Good Luck. ;)

Storm

I used both of these a few years ago and preferred Weebly myself. I used to use them for small side projects and based on my experience with them I would say that for anything professional I would find another option.