Tips on rewriting an article

animeshe14

I've just been given a job by my client asking me to rewrite an article. I've check the net and most of the articles about this is a very broad and doesn't give me a concise answer.

Also, I am also very concern with the issue of plagiarism with this type of writing job?
is their a free tool to check if portions of the article has been unknowingly plagiarized.

PTTed

I've just been given a job by my client asking me to rewrite an article. I've check the net and most of the articles about this is a very broad and doesn't give me a concise answer.

Also, I am also very concerned with the issue of plagiarism with this type of writing job?
Is their a free tool to check if portions of the article has been unknowingly plagiarized.

When in doubt you should ask your employer what he/she means when they say they want you to "rewrite" the article. They probably mean that they want you to produce an article similar to that one that says the same basic thing using your own words instead of the exact words that are written there. But you should ask for clarity from your employer. Just tell them that you are asking so that you are sure to do the job according to their expectations.

Obviously if they are giving you an article that is already written, then that article already exists. So, by copying that article word for word you are committing plagiarism. There is nothing wrong with rewriting an existing article in your own words though. Just don't copy any sentences out of that article. Make sure every single sentence is written in your own words.

When I want to check for an article to see if other copies of it exist online then this tool will help you do that. You can also do a search on Google by copying part of a sentence out of your article and searching for those words in Google using quotation marks to surround the text you are searching for. Google will return any documents in its index that have those exact words in that exact order. In other words do a search for "whatever text you want to check". Or you can search using a whole sentence.

MidnightAngel

Excellent question, I wondered the same thing as well, because there are so many 'rewrite' my article jobs out there, I sort of stayed away from them because I wasn't sure. I'm going to check the tool out also. Thanks for that tip!