The best traffic source?

HenaryMagas

In your point of view, which traffic source is the best?

I am getting best traffic from forums, social media and search engines. where does traffic source come your site from?

PTTed

In your point of view, which traffic source is the best?

I am getting best traffic from forums, social media and search engines. where does traffic source come your site from?

In my case it depends on the site I am working on. If it is an information based authority site, then the best sources of traffic I have found are organic search engine traffic and natural referrals. Natural referrals include anyone mentioning my site to another person anywhere online or offline. Those are the two best sources of free traffic that I have found.

If I am working on a small business website then the best sources of traffic are typically a Google Places listing and Google Adwords. Adwords can be costly but is often very much worthwhile if you are selling a product or service.

Mark007

Google is the best source for qualified traffic.

That was the ultimate. But to get good traffic from Google you need to work to get your keywords ranked on the top of the page. Usually the first 3 results from Google gets the maximum traffic for a website.

Hostlumina

Fully agree with PTTed, it really depends on what you are working on and the type of site that will determine your traffic driver.

So personally I do not believe there is any "best" traffic source overall. Your content, market, audience and what you choose to push based on the best results for your site will determine if the best traffic driver will be forums, social media sites, search engines, etc...

ulterios

Most of my sites get the majority of their traffic from organic search traffic through Google then a big portion of the rest comes from social media websites.

Search traffic is usually the best as people are navigating to your site for something that they searched for, so they were looking for something that the site has anyway. That shows they were interested in something that is on that site.

Anyway, that's the majority of where my sites get their traffic and the better sources. Some are different and get a lot from forums also. It just kind of depends. ;)

Dean

I get most of my traffic from Google and Bing. After that the next biggest chunk of traffic comes from the social media platforms. I have actually had times over the last couple of years where my social media traffic almost surpassed my search engine traffic.

Cheers, Dean.

Traveler

I think that the search engine traffic is the best because people were actually looking for something or some information that you have on your site since it showed up in the search results and the person clicked the link.