Succeeding with Affiliate Marketing

David Ewen

Businesses choose between standard online advertising and affiliate marketing to generate revenue. Affiliate marketing provides a commission to online affiliates for products or services sold. An intermediary company pairs advertisers and online publication owners. Owners of website, blogs, and other online content, referred to as publishers, work to sell products and services with the expectation of earning a commission from each sales. Some popular affiliate marketing platforms include Rakuten, Click Bank, and CJ Affiliates.

Content owners such as owners of websites and blogs carefully select merchants who they work with. A lot depends on the commission rate as a lot of work goes into selling products and services online. Many businesses rely on affiliate marketing to outsource sales efforts to increase sales volume. The affiliates select products or services that have good commission and demonstrate some sense of sell-ability. Products that seem to sell poorly and offer low commission does not provide a good return on investment for the affiliate pushing the sale online. An affiliate will not sell something that they would not buy themselves. The product must have mainstream interest from the public to make sales efforts worth it.

Content owners serving as affiliates fall into a niche that has relevance to their website, blog, or online publication. The relevancy has great importance to the affiliate selling the product or service. Ads on a website not relevant to the website itself look out of place and forced. Visitors look for things on websites and ads are only effective if they show relevance to the website. The website and ad must fall into the same niche to look like they complement each other and meant to be together. Affiliate ads that look out of place have minimal response.

Not all affiliate marketing ads work. Some may offer challenging conditions for a sale to occur. The relevancy of the product or service may have lost mainstream interest. Whatever the case may be, some affiliate ads either do not work from the beginning or fade from being effectiveness over time. Either way, changing ads on occasion and in some cases frequently, offers the best results. Ads intended for one time use and last forever do not work. An initial success may result, but further success requires change and variety to eliminate staleness.

Last edited by a moderator:

martinIM

Thanks for nice article!

I tried affiliate marketing with Click Bank but I earned very less with it and left it because I don't have experience in choosing products, targeted niches and ways to promoting CB products.

David Ewen

That's a good point. Click Bank is a good way to enter the Affiliate Marketing arena if you are new at it. It serves best as a learning platform. For businesses selling digital products, it is a good starting point to sell through affiliates. Using Click Bank can be a good form of education.

Thanks for nice article!

I tried affiliate marketing with Click Bank but I earned very less with it and left it because I don't have experience in choosing products, targeted niches and ways to promoting CB products.