Small web hosting company vs larger web hosting company

Marcos

I was looking at some different web hosts and have seen that there are some differences between the smaller web hosting companies and the larger ones. Most of the larger ones give more resources or have unlimited web hosting. The smaller ones I think might give better service since they need every customer they can get.

Since I might be looking for new web hosting I was hoping to get some opinions from some fellow website owners and which they think may be better.

Any opinions someone would like to share with me on this?

KeralMTG

I don't care if the web hosting company is a big one or a small one. I just want good web hosting. The big ones just do not care about their customers as much I think because they have so many that if they lose some it doesn't hurt them. The smaller ones I think try harder to make the customers happy most times.

Kania

I think the smaller web hosting companies will probably be better to you because they are more careful to try to make their customers happy so they will grow. The big web hosting companies don't care so much about 1 small customer.

Dean

I think that it doesn't always matter what the size of the web hosting company is but whether or not they care about their customers or not and what they are willing to do to make them happy.

Many of the bigger ones seem to not care much about all of their customers but there are many that do. The same goes with the smaller web hosting companies.

I think you just have to gather as much reliable information as you can get on a web host or try to get opinions from others on whether a web hosting service provider is good or not.

It's true that many of the smaller ones will do more for their customers because they want to keep them but that isn't true for all of them.

All you can do is read, research, ask and in the end, hope that a web hosting company is good.

Ben

I don't really care how big the web hosting company is as long as they treat their customers good. As long as the small ones are established and give good support and service then I would have no problem using them.

Marcos

I don't care if the web hosting company is a big one or a small one. I just want good web hosting. The big ones just do not care about their customers as much I think because they have so many that if they lose some it doesn't hurt them. The smaller ones I think try harder to make the customers happy most times.
This is the same way I am starting to think.

I think the smaller web hosting companies will probably be better to you because they are more careful to try to make their customers happy so they will grow. The big web hosting companies don't care so much about 1 small customer.
Maybe some are but not all of them care.

I think that it doesn't always matter what the size of the web hosting company is but whether or not they care about their customers or not and what they are willing to do to make them happy.

Many of the bigger ones seem to not care much about all of their customers but there are many that do. The same goes with the smaller web hosting companies.

I think you just have to gather as much reliable information as you can get on a web host or try to get opinions from others on whether a web hosting service provider is good or not.

It's true that many of the smaller ones will do more for their customers because they want to keep them but that isn't true for all of them.

All you can do is read, research, ask and in the end, hope that a web hosting company is good.
Yes my friend but it is often difficult to get the proper information before using the services of the host.

I don't really care how big the web hosting company is as long as they treat their customers good. As long as the small ones are established and give good support and service then I would have no problem using them.
I agree with this thought of yours. I am highly concerned about getting good support and service.

Dean

Yes my friend but it is often difficult to get the proper information before using the services of the host.
I fully agree and that's why I always say that if someone is in doubt about a web hosting company then they should do lots of research and ask others about opinions and input.

Marcos

I fully agree and that's why I always say that if someone is in doubt about a web hosting company then they should do lots of research and ask others about opinions and input.
In the past I did not always do much research on web hosting companies I used but these days I am doing that. In the past I was mostly worried about the price and what the packages included.

Kania

That might be true for general overall looking at these but we just need to be cautious about assuming all would be that way.
I will never assume anymore because I already did that with my web hosting company and found out it is not taking care of me like I think they should. Now I am always going to find information about the hosting before I buy it.

Marcos

I will never assume anymore because I already did that with my web hosting company and found out it is not taking care of me like I think they should. Now I am always going to find information about the hosting before I buy it.
I think most of us have had a bad experience with a web host at one time or another so all we can do is learn from it.

Marcos

I know but I just wish these lessons we learn did not hurt our blogs.
Some things in our lives are beyond the control we have and web hosting is one of these. Just try to get a web host that has a good reputation for quality services and then hope is all we can do.

Kania

Some things in our lives are beyond the control we have and web hosting is one of these. Just try to get a web host that has a good reputation for quality services and then hope is all we can do.
I thought I did that last time but I guess I did not do enough checking. I will next time.

Traveler

All that matters to me is that the host has good prices, good equipment, good features and good support. I really don't care if it's 1 person or 1000 working for the company. If it's good that is all I want.

JohnQ

In the past I have always had good experiences with the smaller web hosting companies. The big ones I have used I had problems with. One of the big ones I used in the past would sometimes take near a day to reply to support tickets.

Marcos

I can ask for people with experience by putting a post here to ask about a host?
Yes you can my friend. I have seen other posts here asking about them.

All that matters to me is that the host has good prices, good equipment, good features and good support. I really don't care if it's 1 person or 1000 working for the company. If it's good that is all I want.
I am the same but with the smaller ones there is usually less information to be found in google about them so it is hard to know so much about them.

In the past I have always had good experiences with the smaller web hosting companies. The big ones I have used I had problems with. One of the big ones I used in the past would sometimes take near a day to reply to support tickets.
That is unbelievable. One day for support inquiries really?