Should I send freindly emails?

Catherine1

I was wondering if it is a good idea to send out friendly emails to my emails list. Things like happy holiday type emails, thank you for being on my mailing list and things like that.

Is that a good idea or should I keep things strictly professional and business oriented?

Traveler

I think if you want to you can do it. That might help you build a relationship with your email list. I think you should maybe not do anything for religious holidays though so you do not offend some people who are not in the religion that the holiday is for.

Ben

I haven't done this myself but some of the mailing lists that I am on do this so I think you would be fine to do it. I agree with the religious holiday thing like the person above put though.

Dean

This would really just be a personal preference thing Catherine. If you want to be more personal with the people on your email list then you can do it if you want to.

Personally I like to keep things on a strictly business level.

It's just going to decide if you want to get personal (a little) with your email recipients.

vishwa

Yes, Personalize emails help you to build a good relationship between you and your subscribers. I also send these type of of emails occasionally. It is a good business practice and you should definitely go with it.

Kania

Yes, Personalize emails help you to build a good relationship between you and your subscribers. I also send these type of of emails occasionally. It is a good business practice and you should definitely go with it.
I was wondering about this also.

What kind of things do you put in the emails? Just normal stuff like you are talking to your friends?

Catherine1

I think if you want to you can do it. That might help you build a relationship with your email list. I think you should maybe not do anything for religious holidays though so you do not offend some people who are not in the religion that the holiday is for.
I was thinking that this might be a way to build a good relationship with my subscribers. That way they might read more of my emails.

I haven't done this myself but some of the mailing lists that I am on do this so I think you would be fine to do it. I agree with the religious holiday thing like the person above put though.
I didn't think about the religious holidays being a problem but I will take that into consideration. Thanks

This would really just be a personal preference thing Catherine. If you want to be more personal with the people on your email list then you can do it if you want to.

Personally I like to keep things on a strictly business level.

It's just going to decide if you want to get personal (a little) with your email recipients.
I really don't have a preference right now. I was waiting to see what other people think.

How do know and decide what to send in these?

Ben

You are welcome @Catherine1 . Some people are just kind of sensitive about religious things so you need to make sure you don't upset them unintentionally.

Catherine1

It all depends on what kind of relationship you want to build with your list. But, you can always have such emails sent every week so you can understand as to what the customer wants and you can then streamline the content according to the feedback they provide.
I want a good relationship with them I just did not know if it was better to keep it on a business level or if it is ok to show a more personal side.

Maria Marketing

I was thinking about doing something like this and was wanting to know someone who has done it and if it was a good idea. If you try it then can you let us know if it turns out to be good? I would appreciate that. :)

Catherine1

I was thinking about doing something like this and was wanting to know someone who has done it and if it was a good idea. If you try it then can you let us know if it turns out to be good? I would appreciate that. :)
Sure. I will let you know if there is any good or bad and how it works out.

Catherine1

Not going to hurt if you keep it on a personal level. Like I said it's all about the relationship you build with them :)
Alright, I will try it and see what happens. Thank you. :)

Catherine1

It might do that. I have not tried it to know about it myself.
The way I was thinking about it is that when you are more friendly with someone then they are more likely to listen to you when you are talking to them in person so I thought it might work for emails also.

Traveler

The way I was thinking about it is that when you are more friendly with someone then they are more likely to listen to you when you are talking to them in person so I thought it might work for emails also.
Maybe but emails can be looked at very much different than talking in person.

Catherine1

Maybe but emails can be looked at very much different than talking in person.
Yeah I guess that's right. I'll probably try them and see what happens and if I get negative results or input then I will just stop sending them.

Ellen F

I think that sending friendly emails is a great idea. In traditional marketing we will send out thank you cards, Christmas cards, Birthday cards (if we know the birthday), thank you cards and things like that to build up a good relationship with people and businesses so sending emails for a similar purpose sounds great to me. :)