Should I just build backlinks to my home page?

Kania

I have been trying to build some backlinks for my blog and I wanted to know if it is good to try to build them mostly to my home page so it can rank higher or should I build them to different pages and blog posts?

What is the best for SEO?

Dean

No, you do not want to build backlinks to only the home page. It's better to build relevant backlinks to as many appropriate pages and posts as you can on your site.

If possible try to use relevant anchor text to your pages and posts using keyword that related to that page or posts content.

Kania

Try to avoid building backlinks to the homepage directly. Instead you should focus more on getting links for product pages. There are chances your site might get penalized, and also you do not want to increase your site bounce rate.
why would I get a penalty? Too many backlinks to the home page looks bad to google?

No, you do not want to build backlinks to only the home page. It's better to build relevant backlinks to as many appropriate pages and posts as you can on your site.

If possible try to use relevant anchor text to your pages and posts using keyword that related to that page or posts content.
Use keyword anchor text instead of my blog url?

Dean

Use keyword anchor text instead of my blog url?
When it's appropriate then yes that is good.

As an example, if you had a blog post about Wordpress plugins that you wanted a link to then if possible use the anchor text "Wordpress Plugins" with the text linked to the URL about the plugins instead of just your home page which didn't have the information on Wordpress plugins on it.

Kania

When it's appropriate then yes that is good.

As an example, if you had a blog post about Wordpress plugins that you wanted a link to then if possible use the anchor text "Wordpress Plugins" with the text linked to the URL about the plugins instead of just your home page which didn't have the information on Wordpress plugins on it.
Ok I understand now. It looks better to have backlinks that have the keywords you want to help then. Thanks :D

Building backlinks to from the relevant niche to the relevant inner pages is good for SEO.
Then as long as the backlinks come from a page that is about the same thing then those are good?

Kania

Money Site < Web 2.0 < Social Signals + Backlinks

Money Site + Inner Pages < Web 2.0 < Social Signals + Backlinks

Don't overdo direct backlinking to the Money Site Homepage , Also use Interlinking over your website .
Ok then I will try to spread the backlinks to all of the pages then. I always thought it was better for the home page. Thanks again :D

ulterios

Building links to just your home page can give the impression to search engines and especially Google that your site is a spam site.

Always try to build links throughout your site to the pages where you have relevant content in relation to where the backlink is coming from.

Kania

No. If you want post back links, you can search related niche site.
I am sorry but I am not understanding what you are meaning by this.

Building links to just your home page can give the impression to search engines and especially Google that your site is a spam site.

Always try to build links throughout your site to the pages where you have relevant content in relation to where the backlink is coming from.
No I do not want the search websites to think my blog is a spam site. I was not thinking of that.

ulterios

No I do not want the search websites to think my blog is a spam site. I was not thinking of that.
A lot of the spam and/or junk sites will have tons of links to their home pages and not many, if any, backlinks to internal pages due to poor SEO methods so the search engines can sometimes see that and unfortunately it can hurt you.

Always try to build links to the different pages and posts throughout your site from relevant pages of other sites. ;)

Kania

My suggestions fro you is that don't focus only to the home page. If you are creating links which targeting only the home page, then your website can be penalized by google for spamming. Do focus on other pages too like your blog page. Thanks
That is one thing that scares me. My blog is not too old and I do not want it to get penalized by google and hurt it before it gets going real nicely.

A lot of the spam and/or junk sites will have tons of links to their home pages and not many, if any, backlinks to internal pages due to poor SEO methods so the search engines can sometimes see that and unfortunately it can hurt you.

Always try to build links to the different pages and posts throughout your site from relevant pages of other sites. ;)
Thank you. I will try to do my backlinks like this. :D

Ben

You don't want to build backlinks to just your home page but to all the appropriate pages and posts on your site. That helps your site not look like some kind of spam site that will get you in the bad graces of Google and the other search sites.

Try to build good links throughout your site to help build up domain authority and not just page authority.

JohnQ

To get the best overall SEO help from your links I would spread them around to all of your pages and blog posts. I think if you do them all to one page it might get you in trouble with big G.

Kania

You don't want to build backlinks to just your home page but to all the appropriate pages and posts on your site. That helps your site not look like some kind of spam site that will get you in the bad graces of Google and the other search sites.

Try to build good links throughout your site to help build up domain authority and not just page authority.
I did not think about just building page authority. I still do not know too much about that. Thanks mate. :D

One must build backlinks for product pages and also other internal pages, just building backlinks for the home page and may result in the website being considered as spam.
Do you mean google will think it is spam or people who go there?

To get the best overall SEO help from your links I would spread them around to all of your pages and blog posts. I think if you do them all to one page it might get you in trouble with big G.
I thought that the home page is the main one you should be concerned about. When I check links on other websites most of the links are for the home page.