SEO vs PPC

Stevendavis

Hello friends,

I am little confused about this, which will give me more traffic

SEO or PPC, please suggest me

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

lothifa

It depends on your needs and budget. If you want more traffic fast and are willing to pay for it, then PPC might be right for you. But if you're operating on a shoestring budget, it may make more sense to invest time in chasing high search rankings through SEO.

Kenneth

The main difference between Search Engine Optimization and Pay Per Click is that traffic coming from SEO is free while traffic generated from PPC is not free . This is also the reason why you may sometimes see the terms organic search engine listings and paid search engine listings .

Both SEO and PPC are part of Search Engine Marketing which is one of the tools you can use as part of your overall Internet Marketing campaign.

seo-versus-ppc-21.jpeg

SEO traffic is free and PPC is paid and while this is absolutely true, you should understand that it needs a lot of effort and hard work to get free traffic from search engines.

aarnav

The main difference between Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Pay Per Click is that, SEO helps to generate organic traffic with out any cost and Pay Per Click advertising generate paid traffic.

This research makes it clear that it's very important for your brand to have a strong presence in the search engines, ensuring that you're in front of your target audience. However, there's still a big decision to make - whether to use SEO(Search Engine Optimization, or naturally ranking high in the organic results) orPPC(Pay-Per-Click ads, the Sponsored Links and purchased ads on a Google search) to get in front of your target?

Done correctly, both can get you on the front page of the search engines for targeted terms and in front of your desired audience. However, each has its respective benefits and costs. SEOmoz, a great SEO resource, recently published anarticleby the team atenquisite quantifying the effectiveness of SEO vs. PPC.